Did you mean: 

Engineers say I can get Fibre but sites say different

FIXED
bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

Re: Engineers say I can get Fibre but sites say different

@cmcclymont 

Just keep monitoring the Checker on a regular basis to see if FTTC has become available.

According to the results you should get around 65 - 80 down.

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

BTW I've asked the mods to change the fix to either @jab1 or @bmc  as they got it right first.

NB they can decide who...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero

@MisterW 

The link below gives details on what Fibre Priority Exchange means in practice. It includes

"If FTTP is not available at the premises, then the stop sell will not be applied and any available product can be ordered."  

https://www.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/the-all-ip-programme/stopsell-updates

Brian

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

@bmc Thanks for that, I hadn't seen that.

I guess OR have defined the whole exchange area as Fibre priority even though some parts may not have FTTP available yet.

I suppose it makes sense, as long as OR's ordering system takes account of it...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

bmc
Hero

@MisterW 

I probably should have posted this link as well as it applies to "child" Exchanges - ie those not providing digital connections.

https://re.openreach.co.uk/cpportal/products/the-all-ip-programme/exchange-exit-programme

One recent change in OR systems is if you're on FTTP and run the Address version of the Checker it'll show your "parent" Exchange for FTTP - not the "child" one your phone line was originally connected to (unless they're one and the same).

Brian