cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer due to visit today, but no router delivered.

Horridge
Dabbler

Re: Engineer due to visit today, but no router delivered.

Quote from: HPsauce
It might also be possible to use the "old" router temporarily as an intermediate, reconfigured somewhat, depending what it is.

I don't think that'd work because they just use a BeBox at the moment, so I imagine that's locked down.
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: Horridge
use a BeBox at the moment, so I imagined that's locked down.

Not particularly, though they do have custom firmware. Do you know which version, there are a  few?
Do you have access to the Be forums to get some advice? They can still get in via the Be Usergroup site once the account is closed.
And of course Be will want the router back, though it doesn't have to be immediately.  Wink
shalom2010
Grafter

You can login from here http://beusergroup.co.uk/forum/
Horridge
Dabbler

The BT engineer said that my parents wouldn't be able to connect even plugging direct in to the BT modem, so they sent him away because they couldn't be without a connection. And this morning they've received a text saying they won't come active until by midnight on 10/04/2013.
apjashley1
Grafter

Well, he was wrong on that front. Of course you can, it's just inconvenient.
Horridge
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
I've dispatched the router now so that should reach them within the next couple of working days.

They received the router today, so shipping speed was VERY impressive. Just need to get an engineer back now and hopefully no more problems.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Engineer was most definitely wrong: http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
DrDave
Grafter

Anyone close by who could lend a router to these people? I would (and could) if nearby (Taunton, Somerset)
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Horridge,
Glad to see you've got the router, I can see that an engineer is scheduled for the 09th April 8am-1pm.
It seems like this has gone around the houses a little which I'm going to feedback on.
Chris
Horridge
Dabbler

Hi Chris,
Adam Walker said "I'll expedite a second appointment if one is needed, but hopefully not.", 2 weeks from now doesn't seem very expedited (is that a word?), is there any sooner slots? The initial order was 23/02/2013, are my parents being charged for this wasted time?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
Sorry if that's been overlooked. Before I look at arranging an expedite I just need to check if there's any days or time slots I should avoid over the course of the next few days?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Horridge
Dabbler

Both parents work from home and a younger brother still living at home, so any date and time would be fine, and they can sort it amongst themselves  Grin
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, I've just requested an expedite, I'll be in touch when that's been confirmed.
Adam
EDIT:
FYI we've had a response regarding the expedite request, please have a look at ticket 67587659  which has the details.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team