cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email & Outlook

g402a
Dabbler

Email & Outlook

Hi all, I'm very new to Plus Net (not sure if I've never been swapped from tiscali yet)
I'm having problems setting up my new email on Outlook, I've followed the online instructions. But when I try to send/recieve anything I get this lovely message.
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was (Edit). Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.plus.net', Server: 'relay.plus.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relay not permitted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
Do any of you computer experts know how to fix it?
Oh and if I try to send emails from plus nets online mail service, I have to do the I'm a person not a computer thing. Is there anyway to stop this? or get it removed?
Thanks in advance for all you help
g402a
2 REPLIES 2
zubel
Community Veteran

Re: Email & Outlook

You're still on Tiscali, so you won't be able to send using relay.plus.net until you've actually migrated.
Similar with the CAPTCHA on webmail - once you're migrated this will not be necessary
B.
g402a
Dabbler

Re: Email & Outlook

Thank god for that!
I'm currently dling a small vid and im only getting 18.7kb/sec. Would you believe that I pay for Tiscali's best broadband package?!
p.s. thanks for the fast response Smiley