cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant orange light

steeny11

Constant orange light

Hello!

I'm a fairly new customer of Plusnet (about 2 weeks) and it's been generally fine, no complaints.

For the past 48 hours, however, i've had no internet access. The router is constantly orange (with short breaks of 2 mins at a time where it's blue and works).

I've tried unplugging everything I can and turning it on and off many times, I tried the troubleshooting guide online, and the webchat function is currently unavailable so I cannot contact plusnet directly.

Is there anything anyone can recommend I try as I need a connection?

Thank you. Smiley

4 REPLIES 4
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Constant orange light

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Good Afternoon @steeny11, thanks for getting in touch. I'm really sorry that you're experiencing issues with your service.

I have tested the connection and this hasn't highlighted any faults however, one of your line settings (SNR margin) is set lower than we usually prefer which could potentially be causing the issues you are seeing. I have now placed an order to amend this and would advise to monitor over the next few hours.

Should the issue persist, I would advise to have a run through our troubleshooting here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/ and log a fault here: https://faults.plus.net letting us know once done.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
steeny11

Okay so I've had the occasional orange, but it seems to be working all fine now! Thank you so much for your help!
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

I'm really glad to hear that's the case! Please let us know if there's anything else we may be able to assist with and we'll be more than happy to help Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team