cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connection broadband

xshannonlou

No connection broadband

Hi. Just after midnight my internet went. Im no good with routers etc but I've disconnected and reconnected even used a different plusnet router box and still no internet. Its just staying on orange and nothing is happening. Gone to bed in hipe its working in the morning and still.. no internet.
3 REPLIES 3
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: No connection broadband

@xshannonlou Welcome to the forums. If it is orange, can you please confirm what 'username' is showing at line 12 of your Hubs Help Desk tab, preferably using your original Hub?

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

@xshannonlou 

1. Try a factory reset of the hub by pushing a paperclip or similar in to the reset hole and hold the switch closed for about 30 seconds.
  2. Leave it 10 minutes or so and see if that fixes it,

If that doesn’t work:

1. Log in to the hub by putting 192.168.1.254 in the address field of your web browser.
  2. On the broadband page (I think, you may need to look through the pages to find it (see @jab1 post for Hub One), depending on which hub you have) you should find the username. If it’s setup@plusdsl.net then it hasn’t configured itself.
  3. Remove the DSL cable.
  4. Change the username to your account username in the form <username>@plusdsl.net.
  5. Enter your account password.
  6. Plug the DSL cable back in.
  7. If it doesn’t try to connect select Connect (again you may need to look through he pages to find it).

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hiya @xshannonlou, thanks for getting in touch. I am really sorry for the issues with your service.

Looking at the logs it looks like your router was failing to authenticate due to an incorrect password. Having tested the line now it looks like you are back online but should you have any further queries, please do just get back to us.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team