Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection & Speed Issues- Help please?

rd86
Hooked

Connection & Speed Issues- Help please?

Hi

My elderly parents are not very internet savvy, and currently isolating. They have had broadband with PN for several years. Recently have tried having video chats etc, with very choppy video and lag, and disconnects, as well as poor VOD etc. I have checked with them about resetting the router, swapping filters and restarting devices- 1 ipad, 1 mobile and 1 smart TV- still no improvement. Having done a BT speedtest is would appear there is an issue with the speed (profile) of the connection- I am not sure if you would take a DM from myself (also a PN user) with details (I am aware of any details that you may need to verify), or just a username and telephone number and check/adjust the line on their behalf. Not asking for any extra detail, just to check the line and adjust if possible?

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Connection & Speed Issues- Help please?

Hello @rd86

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry to read about your parents connection and I apologise for the frustration caused. So we can assist with this please drop me PM with the account username or full address with postcode and account holders full name for your parents account, give me a nudge on this thread once you've done that. 

Thanks. 

rd86
Hooked

Hi
I have dropped you a message with their details. Thanks.
Orwell
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Hi rd86,

Thank you for your message.

In the interests of data protection, I have replied by private message.

Best Wishes

- Ken

Ken Bryant
 Plusnet Help Team