Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing TG582n from fibre to ADSL2+ and then back again

Dippy
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Changing TG582n from fibre to ADSL2+ and then back again

I am due to have my fibre connection installed on Monday and have received the TG582n. A quick look shows that it is designed to be used for the first time only after the fibre connection has been installed. I would prefer not to do this. I would rather install it now with my current ADSL2+ connection, and fully reconfigure it to replace my existing router and work with my existing network (which is not simple). Then when the fibre connection is ready I should in theory just need to change the mode back to fibre and everything should work. I'm familiar with configuring routers, but of course this particular one is new to me. Does anyone have any advice about what I am planning to do?
(Please no advice on getting a better router. Yes I will probably do so at some point, but only after I have the confidence that my connection is fully working with PlusNet's own router).
1 REPLY 1
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 399

Re: Changing TG582n from fibre to ADSL2+ and then back again

If you have the latest firmware then I believe it has an option in the setup to select an ADSL or FTTC configuration http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,114824.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.