Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cabinet missing from FTTC

Kungaloosh
Grafter

Cabinet missing from FTTC

Hi all
I am on cabinet 35 on the Hailsham exchange, which has no details on when FTTC will be available, the new style cabinet is there and many other people in the area on different cabinets have fibre but I am still unable to get it and can’t even see a date when it will be available, any help would be appreciated to unravel this little mystery 
Thanks
Glen
4 REPLIES 4
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Cabinet missing from FTTC

Hi
When you say the new style cabinet is there, do you mean next to or close to your Cabinet 35? If so, then it could be a matter of weeks before you can order FTTC.
This is what goesussex.co.uk say for your exchange area:
This exchange has been upgraded to superfast broadband as part of BT Openreach’s own plans

Some cabinets are live and superfast broadband is already available in parts of this exchange area

Check Openreach’s ‘Where and when’ postcode checker to  see if you are able to access superfast broadband

Additional areas will be fibre-enabled under the e-Sussex project starting in 2015

You could try emailing broadband@eastsussex.gov.uk and asking if they have any specific info apart your cabinet.
Kungaloosh
Grafter

The new cabinet is about 3 foot from the old one ! I did look at the gosussex site, but was hoping in my heart of hearts I would not have to wait until 2015 as the cabinet is there and most other people in the surrounding area have fibre Sad
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Kungaloosh,
Unfortunately we've not received any data from BT regarding the live date of that particular cabinet for you. The best thing to do is to keep an eye on the BT Availability Checker though and I'm sure a date will be provided on there.
Kungaloosh
Grafter

My worst fears realised Sad Booooooo to BT seems like they did the others and not that one...thanks for the update.
Thanks for taking a look Chris  Cry