cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not active yet. I feel cheated.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Broadband not active yet. I feel cheated.

Quote from: tension83
I was very thorough when I placed my order, asked all the right questions,  was on the phone for nearly half an hour checking details.  At NO stage was I told there would be a delay between my phone going active and my broadband.

What were you told when you asked when the services would be made active?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
tension83
Grafter

I was told that Monday 28th October was when my services would be active.
It's a clear cut case.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

What will probably happen now is that one of the Digital Care team will listen to the call to confirm that you were told both services would be active on the 28th and then they'll take the appropriate action.
tension83
Grafter

I really hope they do, and that they make this right.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi tension83,
I've taken a quick look over the account and can see we sent you an email on the 19th October at 15:38, you can also view this here which does explain that your phone line will be activated on the 28th and then your broadband will take 5-7 days to complete.
I've requested for the call to be listened to and if my colleague has advised incorrectly I do apologise and I'll make sure this is fed back to them.

tension83
Grafter

Sorry, but that is not good enough!
By that time you had already taken my money. It's all very well sending an email after you have already misled me.  If I had been made aware about the delay I would have shopped around before committing to Plusnet.

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We've listened to the call and the agent hasn't made it clear either way that the broadband and phone orders are separate, and will activate at different times. We'll feed this back to to the person you spoke to.
I appreciate your frustration, however, we did email you within 10 minutes confirming the engineer and activation process and I can also see that you spoke with us on the 25th when we advised on the same thing.

tension83
Grafter

So let me get this straight. 
You listened to the call, and agree with me that the sales guy didn't tell me the broadband would go active after the phone service.  I then signed up for the service under the false impression that my broadband would be going active yesterday.
You take money from my account,  then send me an email afterwards saying 'oh by the way, your broadband wont be going active til a week later'.
To me that is the definition of mis-selling. A very serious matter indeed.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

You had the right to contact them immediately you received the email confirming the details and at that stage you could have cancelled. As you were sent that email 10 minutes after the call ended I think you are on a very sticky wicket. If you decided to pursue a case for miss selling you would be asked why you didn't raise the issue following receipt of the email as it is your duty to flag up any issues as soon as you become aware. In any case it appears the that during the call you were not actually given any promise about when the broadband would be made active, you just made a (wrong) assumption.
tension83
Grafter

The fact remains, I was led to believe that my broadband was going active yesterday, when that wasn't the case.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

No, the fact remains that you believed your broadband would be active yesterday - in spite of your having received an email telling you that the order would only be placed yesterday and it would be a further 5-7 days.
Please don't take my posts as criticism - I'm trying to be realistic and save you from getting in to bigger problems.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Quote from: tension83
The fact remains, I was led to believe that my broadband was going active yesterday, when that wasn't the case.

how were you misled?
you were emailed 10 minutes after you placed the order that stated all the dates concerned - do you acknowledge receiving that email and did you read it?
at this stage you would not have been charged for a service that you are not receiving.
sounds like you chose to ignore the order confirmation and are now trying to divert blame away from yourself.
of course you are entitled to cancel your order now and start from scratch again with someone else.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I was under the impression that my broadband would be going active today.

I thought this was outlined in a call made to us on the 25th October where we confirmed the activation dates for both broadband and phone.
You listened to the call, and agree with me that the sales guy didn't tell me the broadband would go active after the phone service.  I then signed up for the service under the false impression that my broadband would be going active yesterday.
You take money from my account,  then send me an email afterwards saying 'oh by the way, your broadband wont be going active til a week later'.

This was a mistake and apologies for it, as I mentioned earlier the advisor didn't mention anything either way about this and we'll feed this back.
Sorry you feel this way, as others have pointed out we have advised of the activation times very shortly after signing up.
Your broadband is due to complete on the 4th November and if it completes any sooner I'll make sure your account is fully activated so you can get online.
tension83
Grafter

I had to pay approx. £25 from my debit card to complete the order. Only after I had PAID did the email supposedly get sent to me.
Imagine buying a car with air conditioning,  then 10 minutes after you've driven off the forecourt,  the salesman texts you to say 'The car has no air conditioning'.
How would you feel?
And there's no need to be facetious.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

£25 i suspect is not for service though, it's the activation/installation fee.
your analogy is flawed as with the car you already have the product and then find something missing.
in this instance you don't have the broadband service yet.
you didn't answer the question about the email, do you acknowledge receiving it and reading it?