Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billion BiPAC Router 'Obtaining IP Failure'

FIXED
MartinW1
Fixes: 1

Billion BiPAC Router 'Obtaining IP Failure'

Help please!

Been almost 24-hours and I've lost broadband. My phone line is working with clear reception, so this is just a broadband connection issue. I've checked all the leads, used a different phone socket, swapped out the the splitter, and no joy.  My router is displaying a sucessful connection to ADSL, however shows red warning 'Obtaining IP Failure'. I've powered it on and off, I've done a factory reset on it, and even substituted it for an older Billion Router but no change in status.

Can anyone give me anymore clues wher the problem may lie? Up to this point, I've had a very stable and reliable service.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Billion BiPAC Router 'Obtaining IP Failure'

I believe that error can be caused by incorrect authentication details in the router. Try removing and adding the connection uesrname and password again, remembering that the connection password is the one you use to log in at www.plus.net too.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @MatinW1,

After checking over the info we have this side, it looks as if its an authentication error with the router. As @Chris mentions Try removing and adding the connection uesrname and password again, remembering that the connection password is the one you use to log in at www.plus.net too.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks.

MartinW1

Thank you gents for the feedback, but, the current BiPAC 7800DX router was working fine up until about 11am yesterday. Having done a factory reset, I re-entered my login crdentials, and that did not fix the issue. I then substituted the router for my old BiPAC 7800NL model, again with my login credentials, and that router was displaying the same 'failure to obtain IP' fault indidation too. So to me, it looks suspiciously like it is something at your end.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @MartinW1 

It looks like your credentials are not being entered correctly. 

I've checked for an active session, and the connection is being denied due to "Incorrect Password". Now, this could be the password OR the username. 

Can you try again and ensure this is being entered correctly? 

Thanks, 

MoR

Baldrick1
Fixes: 417

@MartinW1 

Have you checked your password by logging into the member centre?

I once had an incident with a relative's service where the password mysteriously changed despite said relative's denials of knowing how to change it, let alone actually changing  it.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MartinW1

Fix

Hi Baldrick,

Well I can report I have fixed it, and all up and running again now. Upto this point the router was been running stably for over 18-months without any intervention, however after another factory reset and re-entering credentials all is working again.

Many thanks community members for your sugestions and support.