Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT66 Junction box

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

BT66 Junction box

Hi all!
After driving around my 'currently' building housing estate, I found that the houses just built a few months ago have a BT66 junction box outside beside the front door.(example)
Mine is just a plastic cover with the main line entering the house and going to the master socket like here
The reason I would like a junction box as above is so then I can easily put in telephone extensions from the junction box to the kitchen, as my sky box needs a telephone line connected.  It would be a pain to drag a cable from upstairs to the kitchen downstairs, whereas where the cable enters is just a few metres away from the kitchen.
Also what are my options? Can easily fit a BT66 or even an external NTE?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: BT66 Junction box

Ask your present supplier as it is all down to the company who provide the phone line
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

How?
likely BT will do anything
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Posted on their community forums
https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT66-Junction-box/td-p/1166516
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Sounds almost like you're trying to create some sort of notoriously troublesome "star" wiring arrangement, with each socket independently wired to the incoming line, which is not good for DSL.
I seem to be stuck with an outside BT66 and star wiring. Each time the phone line has died, an openreach engineer re-does all the connections in the BT66 until they manage to get it working again. Apparently replacing this dreadful setup with a modern master socket is just not going to be done for a voice fault. And the most recent time it was fixed, the fix was disconnecting one of the sockets, so then I had to complain about the £129.99 charge for the ridiculously-named "engineer home improvement service", but I suppose that's the fun you get if you don't have a test socket.