cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21CN connection?

stridemat

21CN connection?

Hi,
I recently received a message saying I was to be upgraded to a 21CN connection, so I could enjoy speed of up to 20Mb. The changeover was due to occur approximately 5 weeks time. I received this message about 5 weeks ago now.
Anyhow I have been patiently monitoring the speed of my connection, which was always around 5Mb at any time of the day. This was until the 18/05/11 when I recevied this speed:-

This lasted the night, but by the morning the connection had 'reset' back to its original speed, but never more than 5-6Mb.
Any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Re: 21CN connection?

Can you post your router stats so we can get a better idea about your connection?
stridemat

I can, but it's my own router  Embarrassed What settings you after?
I carried out a BT Speedtest...and here is my IP Profile from the Plusnet website.
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

You are getting much lower than you should get. You are synced very high and your IP profile is also very high. You should be getting at least 10Mb but actually more like 12Mb. Could you login to your router's status page so I can have a look at the errors?
stridemat

sjrinfroyle
Grafter

There's your problem. Your Plusnet profile is set too low which is limiting your speed. What I would do is wait about 24 hours, if it hasn't increased by then, then post another message here so the staff can get that put up
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: stridemat
here is my IP Profile from the Plusnet website.

It's the PlusNet profile that's wrong. It should match the BT one, but sometimes gets stuck. As it's the weekend you might not get a member of the DCT to deal with this, so a quick call to tech support and ask them to update your PlusNet line speed to match the BT IP profile should get you back up to speed in no time.
stridemat

Thanks. All sorted now Smiley
jim:quote
stridemat

I spoke to customer support and they said they fixed the problem.

I still am.