cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drivenout issue (was:New customer-speed ok but some websites simply not opening)

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: drivenout issue (was:New customer-speed ok but some websites simply not opening)

Quote from: Chris
Not much to add really, I'm not 100% sure what the issue is but either a factory reset or pushing the details back to the router fixes it.

Chris,
In effect are you suggesting that it is not clear what was wrong here, but hitting it with a 'hammer' fixed it?
If the community is to help users / assist CRT with the work load, it would be useful to understand the issue(s) and to know how to discern them.  Are you suggesting that there is no profile for the issue, which the action taken 'fixed'?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: drivenout issue (was:New customer-speed ok but some websites simply not opening)

My understanding is that the issue on a small batch of routers was the MTU being set incorrectly during the initial setup. Factory reset pulls the setup info back down again, as does pushing the info down.
I'm not sure what else you're asking for here?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Quote from: Chris
My understanding is that the issue on a small batch of routers was the MTU being set incorrectly...

Hi Chris,
I have a similar understanding too, but I have no real idea if it's correct... a small number of routers with incorrect MTU settings, or would that be a number of fibre routers were sent out to ADSL users and reconfigured through the GUI?
How does one identify if it is the MTU issue?  Is the small batch (if which a fair few have been reported on here) a discernible range if serial numbers from X to Y?  Is there a clear test which will expose the issue?  This user tried what has been suggested as a test and 'passed' it.
At the moment, it is all looking like dark arts magic.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

drivenout
Dabbler

Sorry to be back again but after a few days of using what i actually paid for I am having issues again. I dont know if they are related or not but it seems like i have several disconnects over the past two evenings. My speed (when its actually working) seems to be woeful in the evenings. I might expect a slight drop when its busier but if the part of the exchange that plusnet use is really that busy i shouldnt have been offered broadband.
26/07/2015 time 1826 - 14.19M Download 1.81M Upload 33ms ping 
29/07/2015 time 2355 - 0.6M 1.33M 54ms
30/07/2015 time 0700 - 15M 1.5M 50ms
30/07/2015 time 1631 - 14.64M 1.36M 50ms
30/07/2015 time 2149 - 0.69M 0.22M 46ms
30/07/2015 time 2223 - 0.47M 0.12M 49ms
So what the *bleep* is going on? This is totally unacceptable.
Are you sure there isn't something wrong with my router? When it drops the wifi seems to get dropped as well but all the lights on the router still seem to be lit (or i haven't been fast enough to catch it off) and anything connected to the wifi is dropped.
I am happy to cooperate further and run whatever tests you need...just please get this sorted, its becoming a joke now.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hmm. Back to some basics I think. Can you post the full DSL stats using the link in my sig, also line 6 from the Helpdesk tab.
(Please note if you post the full Helpdesk tab page at anytime, redact lines 2, 20, & 26.)
In the last 48 hours - Can you hear/have you heard any crackling or other noises on the line when using the phone? Have you had any problems with incoming or outgoing calls? Try the Quiet Line Test 17070 option 2 if need be.
Do you have a Master Socket similar to the one on the left? Do all your Microfilters look similar to this?
Do you have any extension phone sockets, and what is normally plugged in where?
Can you check your Current Line speed (Login required) - don't post the phone number.
Check which Gateway you are on