Re: Need help bad with PS3 online lag

goberpiles
Grafter

Speed test at 09:44 today
mgillespie
Grafter

Isn't this just exchange contention?  (somthing that affects ALL ADSL ISPs?), everyone is using their broadband at the same time, and overloading your exchange.
BT seem to have stopped puttin in capacity for a long time now (my Exchange VP status has been red for over 6 months now).
Do you live in an area where there are no other services other than BT?  (like I am), as in these areas (Class 1 I think were are called), there is no competition and therefore they don't want to spend money keeping the capacity inline with demand. 
It's poor on BTs part, that the money we pay to Plusnet, who pay to BT, gets used to upgrade exchanges in areas where the is competition between other services like Virgin and unbundled exchanges.
goberpiles
Grafter

First game of the night at 22:12 and kicked just as game starts thats now on Plusnet Premium which is supposed to be line speed for gaming on the select team and position screen I have a good 5-6 seconds lag time.
scootie
Grafter

2mb is fine for gaming if it wasnt i wouldnt be on unlimited, and every one with attention above 50db would be unable to play online  Roll_eyes
gaming uses very little bandwidth and if your going to hit any limit with gaming it would most likely be the upload  Wink
goberpiles
Grafter

Just like to report that I have played my first full game of Fifa 10 online since Thursday night just now, could tell from switching my PC on the connection was ok as the web was loading fast etc.
Nothing else has changed, at all so it must be my Plusnet connection.
I am connected to pcl-ag02
goberpiles
Grafter

Well here we go AGAIN 6 weeks down the line, spent the past two weeks on the Pro traffic management an no problem, played Fifa for two weeks with not one kick from the game or one piece of lag, got moved back to Premium yesturday and bang cant play Fifa online at all for the past two evenings. 
So at least that proves the issue is with PN and not me, but what will PN do about it because at the moment it is a joke of a service that one package allows you to game the other wont.
goberpiles
Grafter

Day 4 and no contact from PN thanks a lot for doing everything you can, what a joke.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

@goberpiles I understand your frustration but you are better off sticking with one thread, either this one or this one.
Cross posting won't help and is likely to confuse.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
goberpiles
Grafter

Well maybe Bob should have the decency to reply to one of my threads or reply to one of the three messeges sent to him over the last three days, its not too much to ask, the only person to provide any decent help so far has been Asbo Dog, says it all really.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@goberpiles, I replied to your PM's and the other thread you started earlier on this afternoon. Have a look here.
Whilst I try and respond to PMs as soon as I can, please bear with me if you don't get an immediate reply. There are occasions when I'm not on the forums and contrary to popular belief I don't work twenty-four hours a day! Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵