cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help bad with PS3 online lag

goberpiles
Grafter

Need help bad with PS3 online lag

I am at my wits end with my Playstation 3 and my Plusnet broadband, I have tried the router PN provided which is garbage, I have then gone to my Netgear router, opened all ports required and then put the router into a DMZ as the last option, but I just can not play Fifa 10 on my PS3 online.  My problems started with Fifa 09 and have continued to Fifa 10.
If I try and play team play or be a pro with my club the games will either kick me b4 its even started, or if I manage to actually get it to start then I lag so bad I cannot control the player, the lag appears before the game even starts through with is taking a good 3-6 seconds for my player to be ready after I have clicked the button.  When I am ingame I will lag and then see all the players run like superman why the game catches up.  When I am in it goes betwwen very smooth play and then unplayable lag.
I am on  unlimited but will be moving to Pro on the next nilling date, but I really need some help understanding just why it seems I lag so much.
All the complaints I am readig about Fifa is people getting kicked but they have not complained about lag.  I have an awful ping in WOW which is around 250 any time of the day.  I have noticed that my connection is better during the day also, basiacally at night I cant even play the PS3 online.  I have tried 5 team games tonight and havent made it to half time yet in any of them.  Interleving had now also been switched off.
Only other option I can try is to try my PS3 on a friends broadband and see what happens.  Any other ideas?
40 REPLIES 40
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Re: Need help bad with PS3 online lag

Whether its ISP's or EA's fault, anything on EA's servers are notoriously bad, i dont even bother trying anymore as no-one has the answer!
goberpiles
Grafter

Well put my PS3 onto the broadband by Wireless earier and have managed to play a 10v10 game and a pro club game without any issues, we will see tonight if it is linked to the time I play as its mostly during the evening I see a massive downgrade in service.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

using wireless isn't recommended for gaming, which netgear is it?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
goberpiles
Grafter

Super Wireless ADSL Router DG834GT
Running it under wireless has given me the only game of Fifa 10 which I have managed to stay logged in for the full match.
The one common aspect is that I tend to get the worse lag past 6pm, so the real test will be tonight.
goberpiles
Grafter

Just be doing some testing ith wireless and wired using the inbuilt PS3 speed test.
With wireless it gives me a Download speed of "5-6 mbps" with wired "2.1 mbps", tried 3 different cables for the wired connection.  This is really strange????
James
Grafter

Suspect speed test is a bit broken Smiley
dvorak

Yeah that does look a bit odd, what is it reporting for your NAT type?
Customer / Moderator
goberpiles
Grafter

Nat 2 it shows on the PS3.  Let me see if I can get a picture.
goberpiles
Grafter

Ok now I am really confused, when I set up my PS3 to wired I was told to enter the router ip in the Primary DNS address which is what I did that gives me 2.1 Mbps on the connection test.
Reading around I have been told to put the Primary DNS as 4.2.2.2 when I do this I get over 5.5 Mbps on the speedtest wired constant, this was also the DNS I was using for the wireless connection which might explain why it was so much higher.
goberpiles
Grafter

As expected gone past 6pm and connection gone from 5mb to 1.2mb what the hells going on its utter garbage, night after night I am not paying for broadband to use only during the day!
dvorak

What about from a PC, is this a connection issue rather than just a ps3 issue?
Customer / Moderator
goberpiles
Grafter

WOW has gone from 80-100 ping to 250-300 since its got to the evening, I also receive the browsing slow down other are having.
dvorak

Does your exchange report anything http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ ?
Customer / Moderator
goberpiles
Grafter

Its night after night Adiewoo, I have asked to swap back to Pro, just going to test PS3 and Fifa now, it was instant to ready up which has not happend recently in the evening.