cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to answer

johnwnice
Dabbler

Time to answer

Call me old fashioned, but I really don't think callers should have to wait  sixty-five minutes to speak to a human.  After all, when the telephone line, and the associated broadband service, has failed there's no alternative but to communicate with a sentient being.  And even the famous Yorkshire accent starts to pall when you've heard it 50 times.  And don't get me started on the music on hold:  in terms of quality it's close to Tesco's Christmas music.
PlusNet service is wonderful while it works.  When it doesn't there's nowt to choose between Yorkshire and Bombay accents.
38 REPLIES 38
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Time to answer

Hi johnwnice,
Really sorry about the long wait you experienced last night. That's honestly the longest I've come across in a while.
I've checked your account and will be updating ticket 113844380 shorty with an update although it looks like the issue should hopefully be resolved.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@Adam, the problem highlighted by johnwnice is not an isolated problem. Many of us have had long waits to talk to PN. I raised this problem in a thread recently and didn't even get the courtesy of a reply.
We have been told in the past that the new centre in Leeds was the answer but it doesn't appear to be so.
Can someone in authority at PN please address this ongoing problem and post a reply indicating why the wait to get through to PN is so unsatisfactory?
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

I second Artmo's points. Apologies hold good only for short term problems. The extended answer times have gone on too long.. In the absence of evidence to the contrary seems to me that PlusNet corporate management, or maybe its bosses in BT have taken the decision to downgrade customer support resources allocated per customer. As I've already mentioned elsewhere I took new business to another supplier because of my concerns about PlusNet support.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Average answer time today  34 minutes and 57 seconds
I would assume that in the quiet periods the time to answer would be a lot shorter, so if the above figure is the average, peak times must be horrendous.
This seems to be a recurring problem going back many years; every so often we're assured that things will get better, and sometimes they do - temporarily.
I realise that PN has become a budget ISP, but answering customer calls in a reasonable time is surely a basic requirement.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

I don't think there's any such thing as a "quiet time".  Apart from one lucky call I've had the same sort of lengthy hold, between 30 and 60 minutes at all times of the day.  I assume that Plusnet think that's acceptable, so simply put fewer people on the phones during less busy times.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

......and still no response from PN.  Sad
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

We actively monitor our peak times to ensure we always have enough people on the phones to answer your queries, without keeping you waiting too long in a queue.

Source:
Plusnet Service Information.
Undecided
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Just looked at the stats on that page and one thing jumped out:
Business call stats
Current calls waiting Longest call waiting now Average answer time today
6.77 23 minutes and 26 seconds 17 minutes and 6 seconds

I've never seen it that bad for business calls before!
One also notes that it is possible for them to display the longest call waiting now for business but not for residential. No doubt they will come up with some pathetic technical excuse, but we all know the real reason!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chilton1199
Dabbler

over the last three or four years I have needed to contact customer services several times.  Whenever i try to phone I experience horrendous waiting times.  On Monday it was 35 minutes, but this is pretty well what I have come to expect.  Heaven knows how anyone who is less well off in either time or money can afford to call plusnet for support.  I think it is disgraceful.  I think it is probably too much of a coincidence for my internet/broadband problems to coincide EVERY time with a period when Plusnet is experiencing hig call volumes, so I can only assume that your call centres are chronically underresourced.  When I do get through, the help is friendly and it is helpful.  But the waiting times are unacceptable.  I note that the average wait today was over thirty minutes again today when I checked.  Plusnet should be very embarrassed!
jetstar
Grafter

Call wait times last night at one point were up to 60mins, i've regularly waited between 30 and 45 mins last week daytime. It is definitely getting worse so why did plusnet shut down phone support at 10pm ? It was to channel more resources into peak hours to reduce call waiting time only i'm certain it has had exactly the opposite result in that more customers are chasing into 39% less support hours.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Last night I sent an email to Andy Baker, CEO of Plusnet. I invited him to come onto the forum and explain what was going on.
I have not had a reply nor even an acknowledgement from him. I can't say I am surprised.
Maybe if enough people write to him he might realise he has a problem
adie:orange removed email address as requested.]
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Requested by whom???
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Don't understand why that's such an issue:
1. Googling "Andy Baker Plusnet email"  finds it very quickly
2. Plusnet emails are usually firstname.lastname@plus.net so it doesn't take much guessing.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I have received a reply from PN to my email addressed to Andy Baker.

Thank you very much for taking the time to raise this complaint with our CEO, Mr Baker. After his review, this has been passed onto me as part of the high level escalations team here at Plusnet.
First of all, I would like to offer my most sincere apologies that you are one of many customers who have experienced poor wait times of late. Please rest assured that this problem is something we are treating as an urgent priority and are taking huge steps in order to resolve.
Currently, we are implementing new systems and processes in order to streamline and automate our offline work flow. This means that the agents who are currently engaged in this work will be free to get stuck into these calls as it allows much more resource to be driven to areas that we need it most.
Also, the main change that is coming into play, is the sheer amount of new staff that we will be taking on. We are in the middle of a huge recruitment drive to gain many temporary and permanent staff and this will be a constant force in gaining new staff well into the first quarter of next year. Unfortunately, we're not at liberty to say how many staff we will be taking on but what I can say is that it will be more than enough to quell the volumes we're receiving.
I hope what I have said leaves you feeling better about the situation and that you can appreciate I can't go into huge detail about this. What is important is that we know this is a problem for yourself and many others and it is our main goal to get back to providing a service our customers can be proud of.
Again, I am very sorry for the situation you are in but a personal thank you for your feedback and your patience. It won't be long now!
Kind regards,

I understand [mremoved] works in customer relations. If it is wrong to leave his name on the message I would ask Strat to remove it. I see he is on the forum at present.
dick:csa