Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time to answer

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: Time to answer

So we can see Andy on-line here tomorrow morning?  After he's finished his cornflakes of course.
To be honest that is a bit of a "Can't tell you how good it is..." reply.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Also, the main change that is coming into play, is the sheer amount of new staff that we will be taking on.

Would someone give the record player a nudge please - the needle's stuck.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
avatastic
Grafter

Nudging the record player is next on the list after launching the new billing and provisioning systems. The nudge will be along really soon.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I said I would post the latest reply I received to my email to Andy Baker. Here it is:
Thanks for getting back in touch.
Unfortunately, it's not my team that deal with the forums anymore I'm afraid but I will see what I can do about the Social guys keeping the forums posted.
I appreciate how you feel about it, Leeds was indeed intended to resolve these problems. It is up and running and doing a really good job at handling a good chunk of calls we're receiving but it isn't up to capacity yet.
Please don't feel like I'm just giving you the regular answers. The company does have a solid plan in place right now to resolve the issues but it's going to be a little while longer. I know it's hard for our customers at the minute and frustrating for you all getting through when you need us but it won't be too long.
Your patience really is appreciated.
Kind regards,

I must stress this hasn't come from Andy Baker but one of his staff. Maybe Andy doesn't have an email account Undecided Undecided
Apprentice
Grafter

I must stress this hasn't come from Andy Baker but one of his staff. Maybe Andy doesn't have an email account

Could he have dictated it?  Tongue  Smiley
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I doubt it. He doesn't seem to visit the forums to know what is going on with his customers. Previous CEOs have introduced themselves and given us an overview of the plans they have for customers.
EnglishMohican
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: James
Guys - Let's be clear.  We want to be able to answer the phone as soon as possible and we need our second site to be open to allow us to do so.  We also have some massive projects which will complete in the next 6/12 months to improve our provisioning (mainly automation) and billing engines. I know I've used the "we are recruiting heavily" card before, but it is absolutely the truth and with Leeds open, we'll be able to quickly bring in new staff to ensure that we answer your calls as soon as possible.  The waiting times currently are not of the standard we expect from ourselves and fully recognise the need to improve.

I wonder whether Andy Baker's representative's answers carry any more weight than James' answers did? As far as I can tell, the situation has got steadily worse since we were assured in 2013 that Plusnet were concerned and were doing all they could to correct the situation. I see no reason to believe anything we are told - we are just being fobbed off.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

@EM, seems like a classic case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing Wink
Whilst all this confusion is happening Andy Baker remains silent. Reminds me of Nero who fiddled as Rome burned.
thacky

Now been waiting to be answered for 45 mins.  Not good enough Plusnet and you used to be so good.  Live chat was quick but couldn't help  Angry
thacky

Now been waiting one hour.  This is ridiculous and unacceptable.  Giving up no, have better things to do.  Angry Angry Angry Angry
AlaricAdair
Champion

It seems that Ofcom is getting impatient with BT (BBC report), maybe the message will filter through to the management of PlusNet too?  Certainly this thread is evidence they are not listening to customers on this forum.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
gjp112n
Dabbler

It says a lot that while many of Plusnet's technical development staff appear to be on LinkedIN, few of their management of customer facing employees seem to use it. I wonder why that might be ?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@AA,
There is a mile of a difference between listening and acting.  People are listening, that is clear because we hear the same replies - jam tomorrow but more stale bread today.
This lament has been going on for years as has the promise of new business systems to make the root issues go away.  There is no clear sign that any of the "jam" will be delivered soon.  The only metric anyone around here seems to care about / is watching, is the growth in user numbers, being sought at any prices, at no price or indeed being bought for £75 with no commitment to stay beyond the free contract period.  Call wait times, number of missed calls, chat wait times, number of missed chat sessions, ticket response times, ticket elapsed age, no show appointments... I could go on ... are the true measure of service capability.
Until customers are acquired at a rate which the business can service (both within and by BTOR) at a fair market price, PlusNET are not likely to have the financial resources required to do the right things.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

avatastic
Grafter

I'm sure a new call queue management system will be next to be implemented right after the new billing and provisioning system.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)