Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another strange observation

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

Another strange observation

Dunno what is happening with the forum, but I keep seeing 'likes/thanks' notification for my posts which don't appear until quite a while after.

John
40 REPLIES 40
ghamilton123
Rising Star

Re: Another strange observation

Noticed this too, or they just keep appearing after refreshing.

Mav
Fixes: 516

I don't get many likes Wink

Seriously, though, I have also noticed this issue. Don't think it's worth reporting.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

@Mav I disagree - it is another niggle that, of course Khorus will say 'well, we can't reproduce, so it can't be happening' , even though it is. Combined with other reported, and 'denied' problems, it is clear whatever they are doing with the core program - supposedly - is breaking many of the correctly applied changes that have been working for a long time since Jack introduced them, with the full approval of Lithium, as it was then.

I appreciate I am probably on a hiding to nothing here, but if no-one points these things out, the forum will become unworkable.

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

@jab1 

I agree with all your points above but just feel we'll end up with yet another Khorus thread apparently going nowhereSad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

The reason that one 'went nowhere' is because no-one at Plusnet/BT Consumer did anything much other than accept the Khorus response of 'we can't reproduce it, so it isn't happening' - as I said above, that is the response I'm expecting to this report. My question is, and I know you can't answer it, why is the forum suddenly seeing all these 'issues' after running almost faultlessly for five years?

And yes, I know there have been the odd problems previously, but they seemed to get sorted.

Anyway, I await a response from @NickBS .

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

@Mav

If we do nothing because we don’t think raising issues will ever go anywhere then what’s the point of this board? There are things wrong with the product … if we do not report them here and ensure that they are passed on to the product owners … there will never be any improvement.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 79

Well here's a thing from the above @Townman post, for me I see

Screenshot 2023-12-10 105126.png

But after I posted it corrected to three 🙄

jab1
Legend

I see 3:

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 10-55-09 Re Another strange observation.png

But that wasn't the reason for my original post. I saw a notification pop-up, bottom left of the screen, went to the notification area to view it, and it wasn't there, until some time later.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 79

Well for me I see no problems with the two types of notifications, but for me they are bottom right.

Maybe the incorrect like count I noticed is part of the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So just for giggles, who's going to escalate this to Khoros to prove how pathetic they are are problem solving ?

given that this issue is far simpler to replicate than the many problems with "Who's Online"

If they reply with the usual -

@SeanD  wrote:

Khoros has oddly not been able to replicate the issue ... .... which is why they have not been able to suggest a course of action to fix.

Then we might as well give up !

jab1
Legend

Another new 'feature' which is regressive - if you select 'unread posts' from the links at the foot of the page, until today, clicking the link to each took you to that post - now it takes you to the original one, and you have scroll/changes pages until you get to the unread one(s).

Who, or what, is introducing these fiascos?

John
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@jab1 

Are you perhaps confusing the links under that section, i.e. 'Unread Topics' (on the left) and 'Unread Posts' on the right?

I just tried them and they seem to be working as they always have for me, i.e. clicking the 'UT' (left) link takes me to the beginning of the thread whilst clicking the 'UP' (right) takes me directly to that post.

jab1
Legend

@RobPN Nope - I did wonder if I had - so have been very careful in watching what I click - this was happening for a while prior to my post, so I have been attentive to what I am doing - but it is difficult to form a conclusive pattern at the moment as the whole forum is extremely quiet.

However, and I will need further experimentation to form a proper evaluation, the last couple of times the list has populated, the topic title has not been in 'bold' font, and thinking back, some of the previous ones haven't been, and I think these were the ones exhibiting the weird behaviour - maybe I need to experiment further.

John
jab1
Legend

An example of this 'behaviour' - note the 'Unread Posts' picture has the topic title in unboldened characters, and takes me to the original post:

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 20-19-59 Unread Posts - Plusnet Community.pngScreenshot 2023-12-10 at 20-20-19 SIM not working - can't make or receive any calls or texts.png

John