Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another strange observation

NickBS
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 4

Re: Another strange observation

I'll try take a look at this later in the week - when i can give it some proper attention. I'm up against it with some big launches and workshops at the mo. 

I received a response from Khoros on the who's online piece. Was a bit too technically for me - but will aim to summarise also. 

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

A view from another place.

I can see 'likes' whilst not logged in. I can see the 'like' button whilst not logged in. I can't 'like' whilst not logged in.

Once I log in the 'like' button disappears.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Not that it matters, but the above post does not make sense.

John
Mav
Fixes: 516

The way I read the previous post was that @greygit1 can see how many likes a post has and the 'Like' button when not logged in but can't use it.  He cannot see the 'Like' button when he is logged in.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

jab1
Legend

@Mav Fair enough - but that is totally irrelevant to this topic (and doesn't make sense).

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

To add to the list of "strange observations", what's going on here ?

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 13-19-56 staggered useful links - Plusnet Community.png

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Subsidence?

Potential sinkhole?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Christmas drinks at Khoros ?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Could be purely browser rendering failure. Do you see the same on different browsers on that device?

Does the issue present at any window size? Responsive CSS can be a real pig to get right on every browser / view port size.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It only happened once,  so unlikely to be able to replicate on a different browser.

It occurred using Firefox, with a full size window, on a 1080p monitor

the width of the Plusnet forum is only about 3/5 of the available screen width - so the render width wasn't limited at all

Anonymous
Not applicable

And another thing -

Whos Online 6.png

jab1
Legend

Looks like this is being ignored, in the hopes it will go away - standard BT practice, so no surprise.

John
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 84

I've had this a couple of times this week

Screenshot 2024-01-15 194559.png

Never mind soon be spring

Dan

jab1
Legend

Not had that for a while - since it was resolved last time in fact, but other points on this (and the previous similar topic) are still being ignored.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jab1 wrote:

... this (and the previous similar topic) are still being ignored.

You can tell that Plusnet can't be asked to fix any website related problems, even if the problem will result in lost sales, when their main website landing page www.plus.net looks like the image below, when I go there for 90% of the time (very occasionally it works). This problem has been reported several times by other customers on this forum over the last year or so, but the image below is from today when I wanted to login to my account (fortunately I have a Member Centre shortcut that works instead of going via the main page).  From previous reports of this, I've tried the suggestions of clearing the browser cache, clearing all Plusnet cookies, disabling ad-blockers, using different browsers, using different PCs, etc,  but what's the point when the website code is clearly the problem.

How many potential customers looking for Plusnet deals, visit the main website, and give up because it's broken ?

Anyway, I'm just pointing this out, and don't want to get into attempting to overcome it, it's not my problem and I'm not going to waste my time attempting solutions that have previously been suggested - as all of those are just Plusnet deflecting the fact the problem exists and trying to make it the customer's fault that their website can't be reached, rather than actually fixing the issue.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 10-02-14 Sorry - we're having a few technical issues Plusnet.png