Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another strange observation

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

Re: Another strange observation

Well aware of what you are saying, and your observations. I'm just a little confused about their reasoning. Surely, things which are detrimental to the customer experience, and therefore their reputation, should receive some attention?

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is similar burying their heads in the sand, as Khorus claiming that they are unable to replicate the online user count and missing avatars in the "Who's Online" topic that got shutdown - when it was clear for everyone to see on this forum that there was a problem ALL THE TIME !

edit: and is still broken (five months after being reported) -

Screenshot 2024-01-19 at 10-38-18 Plusnet Community.png

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

If the logon failure were a wide spread issue, there would be more wide spread reports.

This is probably a specific browser issue or due to stale cookies.

You come across as deeply technical, even geeky, so I am wondering if you are using an odd ball browser with a number functionality interfering bells and whistles enabled?

You do not indicate if this is encounter from a fresh start or a page refresh on a stale session, nor where in the access journey .

Is working fine here on MS Edge ... though having logged in, my contact details cannot be retrieved, but I suspect that my contract is somewhat odd-ball.  Whatever, it does not encounter the total failure as shown above, which looks like a navigational issue - are you using an old bookmark?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

edit: and is still broken (five months after being reported)

We know that - and we also know it won't get fixed!

John
jab1
Legend

I am aware this will, like the rest of this topic, get no attention, but I'll post it anyway.

Over the past week or so, there have been occasions when I have had notifications that a reply/thanks  has been posted to a topic I am subscribed to. On opening the notifications tab, that notification is not there, although, in cases where it is a 'reply' notification, the relevant topic can be selected, however, it merely takes you to the opening post, and the last post displayed has already been read.

I must say they do  - eventually - appear, it is not happening on every topic, and it happens on multiple browsers.

John
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Likewise @jab1 

jab1
Legend

Cheers @RobPN  - I thought it wasn't just me. I've tried two laptops, an iPad/iPhone at home, and whatever the Microsoft default browser is these days - on a totally different connection, with the same results.

No doubt Khorus will be 'unable to find any issues', using their no doubt out of date test equipment - that is even if PN deign to submit a fault report.

John
jab1
Legend

I suppose I may as well consider this another exercise in futility - there have been no PN/BT Consumer Division responses, even though their representative has been back to forum a few times. Oh well, par for the course, I guess.

John
jab1
Legend

OK - I'm going to be blunt here, as courteous questions don't seem to get a response - is there any chance any of these issues are going to be looked at, or are we really now in GPO Telephones land?

John
jab1
Legend

I think I have my answer - thanks, BT Consumer Division!

John
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

This product just keeps giving!

Screenshot 2024-03-21 131515.png

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.