Did you mean: 

Constant disconnections

FIXED
richardt
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Constant disconnections

Hi,
I’m experiencing constant disconnections from the internet since yesterday, every 5 minutes or so. The router sometimes blinks orange when there’s no internet but doesn’t always.and often stays blue suggesting no problems.

My parents who live within a mile are experiencing exactly the same issue the internet is unusable.
39 REPLIES 39
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Constant disconnections

@richardt It it is possible there is an area-wide fault with the Openreach network - enter your phone numbers in here to check: https://status.zen.co.uk/broadband/ If that returns no results, post back for further help.

John
richardt
Grafter

Thanks, I've carried out the check and there appears to be no fault for either my phone number or my parents.

jab1
Legend

In that case, in the first instance -

First thing to check: Is your phoneline clear? Dial 17070 (preferably from a corded phone), select option 2. Once your phone number is confirmed, there should be silence on the line except for the regular 'Quiet Line Test' message - any other noise, report a PHONE problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/phone/

If the phone test passes, report a broadband problem via: https://www.plus.net/help/report-a-problem/broadband/

Let us know the result - if the tests come back as clear but you still have a problem, we need to investigate further.

The above assumes you still have 'normal' landline connection - if you have a SOGEA (internet only) one, just use the second link to report a network issue.

Again - let us know the result.

John
richardt
Grafter

Hi, I only have broadband, no phone line - I realised that as I was entering it on the Wholesales checker.  I performed the quiet line test yesterday on my parents line and everything was OK. I've sent a text to their help line.

jab1
Legend

OK - that is the reason for the final comment in that message.

John
richardt
Grafter

Sorry, I've confused myself.  

I entered my old phone number in the line test and also my parents phone number.  My parents do have a landline.

jab1
Legend

And your parents line was clear? Ignore anything on yours, I don't know if you get anything on a SoGEA connection.

John
richardt
Grafter

Yeah, their line was clear.

They're posting out a new router to my parents which is unlikely to solve the issue as I swapped out the router with a spare I had.

jab1
Legend

Is it possible to post yours and your parents error Logs? Which Hubs are you both using, and then I can possibly offer more advice? As you say, a new Hub will not solve the issue.

John
richardt
Grafter

I've contacted support and they've ran a few tests, the line test was ok, it showed drop outs yesterday but when they tried to run a router test it showed my router as being offline which is odd.

I'm not at home now but I'll get the logs when I get back.

jab1
Legend

OK.

John
richardt
Grafter

Forgot to add, I'm using the Plusnet Hub 2.

My parents had an really old BT hub two or three which I switched out to a BT Hub 6 - I know was working fine when I replaced it just last year.

jab1
Legend

OK, I really need the full logs - do you know how to get them from your Hub? I  don't know your parents kit, but hopefully you can extract something useful from it?

John
richardt
Grafter

Yeah its in the advanced settings under 'Event Logs'