cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Week - 5th February

Bonjour mes amis, welcome to another end of week. Seems such a long time since I've done one of these, but I can't be bothered to look back when the last one was as it's hometime now and the final series of Lost starts tonight so I want to get home. We start off today with Sanjiv from the Tech team:

Hellos,

Yet another bright and sunny day in Durban, summer’s almost ended, but the sun just won’t go away. In fact it’s being quite stubborn; weather man’s saying that Feb and March is going to be just as humid. Best time to catch some waves and pipes.

Big Ups to James Nelson for his contribution in training the CS and TS staff. He probably feels like a broken “A record”, from all that email and domain training. When not in training, his helping us to identify training and development needs, from QoS reviews. Thanks JN, spot one buddy, thanks for all the assistance, we know that you will miss us when you jet off.

Statistically, it’s been a busy week. Staffing hasn’t been the best and tackling 1200 tickets between CS and TS was rather challenging. Call contacts spiked as well, the week’s not over just yet and we’ve already topped 11k, in volumes to the support centre. John Lewis customers seem happier with our performances on call and tickets, satisfaction results took a comfortable upward change in direction. We hope to assimilate the fixes from here and hopefully put them in practice with Madasafish. With 1 in every 4 customer slight dissatisfied, that’s back to the drawing board for quick remedial action. We are quite optimistic however, that we can turn this around.

From the Technical corner, we are hoping to see a reduction in calls relating to the TR69 programme. Dev’s just got some work done and we looking forward to error free connections. Did you know that the guys who make our T routers, make the sky set top boxes? Ah.. who would have guessed.. Nick’s coming back to SA on Valentines Day; hope he brings chocs.

Tata, have a nice weekend !!

Thanks Sanjiv We're also joined today by Kate from Finance:

Greetings from Finance.

This week we celebrated Plusnet's 13th Birthday with cakes and bubbly. You'll be pleased to know we didn't throw any tantrums, slam any doors or drastically change our fashion sense, in the typical teenage way. We have crunched an awful lot of number this week, oh yes, our financial jaws are well and truly aching. It's been month end time, which means all hands on deck to get everything in order and reported on time. On the social side, Fiona has been preparing to make blueberry muffins. She says she will let us know how they turn out - I'm hoping for more than that, bring some in to the office Fiona! On the subject of food, I made an awesome Lamb Rogan Josh this week - recipe here Link (use the instructions rather than the video). Mark is going to watch the rugby in 3D tomorrow, which should be interesting. I wonder if they will purposely throw the ball at the camera so it looks like it's coming out of the screen? I doubt it though, unless the players really don't like the cameraman.

Joke for the week: Man: Doctor Doctor I can't stop singing "The Green, Green Grass of Home"! Doctor: That sounds like Tom Jones syndrome. Man: Is that common?? Doctor: It's not unusual....

Have a great weekend.

And that's all from us today, we'll all be back again for me next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend, enjoy the 6 Nations, Lost or whatever it is you happen to be doing. See ya...
0 Thanks
1 Comment