cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of Day: 30th May

Hello Community, I hope you are well. Everyone at PlusNet has decided to use this Lovely style of typing today. Full credit to Comms for starting it. Lately anyway, I must just share my angst - my toe has been hurting!! Obviously I am still able to type though, so enjoy the End of Day. Here Chris with the Comms posting... but remember, you only get an ‘oo' in Typhoo! Whose turn is it to make the tea? Hot water, milk, tea bags and sugar. Easy to make, tasty to drink. Rare that Bob will make it. Everyone wants tea. Is Bob going to make the tea? Surely it's his turn. Thirsty we all are, but still no tea. Home time is arriving fast. End of week beer will have to suffice. Thanks for reading this post. End of day is over. And goodbye. Next, an action-packed update from Ben S and Mike in Dev Never ending bug fixes Instigates constant grape eating Never mind the Java team who are busy with other projects... Another secret we have to keep Sorry but we cannot tell you too much, we have to keep it safe Rest and relaxation is the Order of the weekend Cool weather may ruin the fun Keep your chin up, summer must come And now it's... Martyn from Marketing Acrostics everywhere Reminds us of schooldays Keeps us on our toes Everyone's been busy Team all working hard I've been project planning Nick's been a meeting machine Generating sales, the order of the day But can Web Development come up with something even more original? Let's find out from James... Wordpress open source plug-in update Everyone Bug fixing Developing tracking scripts Enjoying lunch Varying weather Every day Leaving colleague One or two games of Pool played Management activities Ensuring robustness of the Community Site Now ready for the weekend now that Testing and development's done for the day. Loving it. Now it's Darren from... Product data sheets have been updated. Rich's been working on the dev roadmap Oh and working on Product prioritisation. Dave's continuing to pump out blogs. Unicorn, Couldn't think of one for ‘U'. Today Luke's been busy with reports, Spreadsheets have been in his nightmares! And Lee from Networks (no acrostics but wow, some exciting developments afoot!): This week's been a mixture of busy and various people off enjoying holidays (or getting wet, or both). As well as the usual fun of operational activities, we've also been busy testing the new 622Mb central that we're bringing live soon to add more capacity ahead of demand. Also in the pipeline is our 21CN product set, bringing faster access speeds (like Dave Tomlinson recently blogged) - and personally I've been busy working on some of the details for this. Some of the other guys have been busy adding further resilience to our Ellacoya platform, testing the backup system and various other activities progressing our projects. Have a good weekend all (and no downloading Battlestar next episode!). Now Ben from the CSC fills us in with the top 5 for today... (1) Router setups Our old favourite returns to the top of the chart as a lot of our new customers are taking advantage of our deferred hardware options and often need some help setting up their routers. Customers need help at all stages of the setup, from getting everything plugged in properly to removing dial up connections from previous providers and other technical tasks. (2) Fault updates Our faults agents have been working flat out and are using our SMS messaging system to contact customers. This generates a lot of calls back to the CSC when customers pick up their messages. (3) New faults This one's never going to go away, customers always report faults - a lot of which are easily resolved with basic master socket checks, others requiring attention from our faults team. (4) Cancellations and account changes A lot of students are now leaving their houses and are cancelling the service for the summer. However, we're also doing a lot of account changes where customers choose to put their accounts on hold over the holidays. (5) Provisioning updates It seems our new customers just can't wait to get on our broadband, as so many are calling in for updates. Migrations from other ISP's are often the cause of the call as the lead times can sometimes vary. Oh - and I couldn't miss out QA - Matt tells me their acrostic would have been REALLY easy... so here it is! Quietly keeping a close Attention to detail. Finally, what have HR got to say? Hi All Very productive week in HR as usual Even though Barbara has been on holiday all week & Diane has not been in And Gemma is now on a Hen Party until Tuesday! Right, End of Week Amanda has been busy Travelling around the world with off site meetings regarding the Management Development & Leadership Programme and had a visit to BT in Birmingham While back at the ranch, Everything has been ticking along nicely, Employee Handbook is being written and proof reading has commenced Kept up with ongoing shift patterns changes in CIPHR and reminding Everyone to complete and return their performance review Now we have a process for updating and maintaining Organisational Charts for the Company Definitely, time for the weekend!!!!! From Jen & Amanda.... bring it on! I think that's the end of the end of day for today! Thanks for the updates everyone. Am about to sign off soon... My mates are off to the pub so I might join them. Then again, with my dodgy digit, if I am Honest with you, Even I know I should stay in tonight! Enough banter for now... and Don't forget to have a great weekend folks!!!

0 Thanks
4 Comments