cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOD 30th June 2009

EOD 30th June 2009

EOD 30th June 2009

Hello Readers! I'm posting from home (and a bit later than usual) today, which means I can do something that's almost unheard of  in Plusnet EOD history - yes PRAISE THE AIR CON! I've been at my desk for most of the day (tying up loose ends as I'm off work until a week on monday :D) and even though I've been wearing a hoodie all day (hood down or course ;)) I've not felt anything like warm, just comfortable. But then I stepped through the office doors, it was like walking into a wall of fire - yikes!  I'm now sat slowly cooking at home... never mind on with the EOD! First we have Adheel from the Faults team, who is keeping quiet about his beloved Blades for some reason!

Good evening all, here is the faults end of day! Its been a busy day and although the sun has been hiding , its been swelteringly humid in the office. I also missed the ice cream van as I was in a meeting so I'm not impressed 😞 On a plus note, lots of work has been done today, which should stand us in good stead for what is set to be a busy week. Our 3 secondee's are on their last shift on the team and are pretty adamant they have learnt plenty in the month they have been on the team. I'll be testing them next week so we will see if that's true or not. My learning stick (a 2x4 under my desk) will be close at hand should they fail to get 100% on al the modules. Just joking lads! 😛 The next batch of secondee's start tomorrow so I'm sure we will get a end of day from one (if not all) of them to advise on how they are finding it on the faults team some time over the next few weeks. The team has dealt swiftly with a variety of fault tickets today. Myself, Alex and Jake have been dealing with new faults. These are the ones that go through manual testing before raising to BT. Rich (who beat me 3-0 at pool today and I no longer consider a friend) has been dealing with PSTN (voice) faults. This involves running a test on the copper line part of the telephone line to find any specific faults. This can then be raised for further investigation or the customer contacted for further internal checks to be tried just to rule out all equipment. The other chaps who came in dribs and drabs throughout the day include Rich U and Jon (who along with Jake bid farewell to our team today), Brad (who has been entertaining us with his anecdotes from over the weekend) and Tony and Keith (who made a killer brew for the team as soon as he came in this morning.) Simon our team leader has been recovering from last nights game of football in which he was on the winning team and I wasn't. Ah well, revenge shall be mine next week! Have a good evening!

Adheel was sat no more than 10m away from me today, strange how he had such a different experience. Next (and finally) we have Matt B from QA...

And a very good evening from QA. Here we go with a quick run round the team. Catherine has been working on getting problem fixes rolled out live, interspersed with drinking tea (Lady Grey) and joining in with the usual conversation around the kettle. Gary has been working on our Partner product and has been relatively quiet all day. I'm assuming this is indicative of some hard work being done... Gavin has been creating a test plan for the upcoming move to our new datacentre. Yes, it is as fascinating as it sounds! Paul has been reviewing all open problems to see which can be fixed within future projects. Integrating problem fixes into project work can save a lot of man hours that are then free for more dev work so it's really useful. Peter has been testing some work on our usage recording systems and also testing some priority problems. Nigel has been testing some new marketing promotions as well as planning the testing of some future promotions. Finally I have been the general dogsbody today. Picking up random testing tasks and making some team scheduling changes, as well as writing this EOD for you lovely people

Thanks Matt! That's it from me today - I'll see you in a week and a bit!

0 Thanks
0 Comments