Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp desktop

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Whatsapp desktop

Hi Do any of you use this Windows app that allows you to link your phone whats app with your PC?.

On my laptop I'm on Version 2.2238 but my wife prefers a desktop pc and that has updated to Version 2.2240. She now finds she needs to sign in everytime she uses it (useless). I've tried unsintalling and deleting any local files so there is no cached info but it still wont retain her login credentials. Her phone shows the PC as a linked device though.

Anyone else? or anyone with a workaround?

5 REPLIES 5
7up
Community Veteran
Fixes: 17

Re: Whatsapp desktop

I've always used WhatsApp Web - it opens in the browser and means you don't need to worry about signing in, updating etc. Just scan the QR code on the webpage with your phone and that's it - you're in.

I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 4

Use it regularly. Occasionally need to sign in again with the QR code, usually after a Windows update....

Actually got it open right now, sending a follow-up (lengthier) to a short message from my phone.

Version 2.2240.2.0 on Windows 11 running happily and smoothly on an old HP Pavilion desktop designed for Windows 7 that failed all the W11 checks (just don't ask...)

the_groundsman
Rising Star

I'm using WhatsApp web as a work around.
the_groundsman
Rising Star

Interesting @HPsauce .

I know you said "don't ask" but I am intrigued and can't help myself. How are you finding Win11 on old hardware?

My experience in the past has been that the latest  Windows is demanding and older hardware just can't handle it. My laptop is Core i5 7th gen with 8gb Ram and a 256gb SSD. It works fine on Win 10 but fails the minimum spec for Win11 by a country mile. It's actually starting to show its age physically ( dodgy power socket, broken web cam and 3 or 4 cracks to the case) so I am looking around for a replacement  in the near future. I can't bring myself to get rid of these things ( stupidly) so have quite a collection of old laptops/netbook running a variety of os linux and windows so would be interested in experimenting when the time comes.

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 4

I think I've upgraded every system that I got to W10 up to W11 and they are all using SSDs now and have 8GB ram. There are ways around all the obstacles, with time and effort.

Performance is fine, not distinguishable from W10.