Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Monitor Suggestions Please

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: New Monitor Suggestions Please

I got one of these a few months back and very pleased with it. It was on offer at the time and cost £410 with VAT and delivery.
Only problem was finding the desk space for it Wink
Pedro
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
I thought the only difference between DVI and HDMI was that HDMI can carry audio as well? Didn't know there were any differences between the video streams.

Well Matt, I think that's essentially correct. in addition to carrying audio, HDMI increases the throughput from 3ish gigabits to something like ~10Gb, not that's going to make any difference for this monitor's resolution.
But a DVI lead isn't going to help with HDMI only devices Wink I was kinda annoyed they included only 2 leads when the monitor has 3 kinds of inputs.
As a side note, I wouldn't use the HDMI sound to say, watch a movie, as the speakers on the monitor are tinny at best  Roll_eyes
adagio
Grafter

Quote from: Alex
I got one of these a few months back and very pleased with it. Only problem was finding the desk space for it Wink

It looks wonderful only trouble is I couldn't get it in my study  Roll_eyes
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I always used to use the Iiyama for that application but I think that they have lost the plot a bit recently
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

A large Acer would be good value for money.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I use a highly rated and reasonably priced AOC monitor.....unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available to buy any more.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
gleneagles
Aspiring Legend
Fixes: 17

Don't forget Andrewlorimer's comment about using a daylight 6500K bulb. It does make a big difference when working with photographs.
We are born into history and history is born into us.
kmilburn
Grafter

Quote from: Pedro
Buy an HDMI lead as well as it comes with DVI and VGA leads only.
Quote from: Pedro
But a DVI lead isn't going to help with HDMI only devices Wink I was kinda annoyed they included only 2 leads when the monitor has 3 kinds of inputs.

You were lucky Pedro,  I got some new monitors at work about a year ago,  with VGA, DVI and HDMI inputs,  and it only came with a VGA cable,  my machine only has Display Port connections,  it was a good job I already had DP to DVI leads.
The only problem I found with connecting Monitors on HDMI was the atrocious behaviour of the AMD (ATI) drivers in Windows 7, which decided to down-sample the image and put a 1cm border around it.
A few hours of fiddling and several driver re-installations eventually made them behave!
Mav
Fixes: 516

Have you considered a 16:10 ratio monitor.
I have found the extra height invaluable when editing photos (even for videos).
Edit: Forgot to add that I have a 26" 16:10 Iiyama.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I use a Dell UltraSharp 2208WFPt.  It is a dream! Bought it off a charity auction in a lot of 4 for £50 all together
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up