cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 2 - TP Link Av6000 powerline adaptor issue

Slee

Hub 2 - TP Link Av6000 powerline adaptor issue

Hello,

I am looking for some help with my new Hub 2 router. It is working well and I am looking to sync my AV6000 powerline adaptors to it for wifi boosting in our house.

I have gone through the basic pairing/factory reset etc but the powerline adaptors just show up as 'TP Link' on my wifi options rather than syncing with my plusnet broadband.

I have tried to dig around the forums here, but have not seen a definite resolution for this specific issue. My guess is it's router setting related as the powerline itself was working perfectly with my last Sky hub.

Any help would be much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 405

Re: Hub 2 - TP Link Av6000 powerline adaptor issue

@Slee the Hub 2 is a dual band ( 2.4 & 5ghz )  wifi router. Both bands use the same name (SSID) and they can not be split.

if your powerline is 2.4ghz only, it may be confused by the same name being used by the 5ghz band.

Sometimes, temorarily disabling 5ghz on the Hub 2 will allow devices to connect, and then the 5ghz can be reenabled.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Slee

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response. I don't see any reference to it being 2.4 ghz only on the box and don't recall this being needed for my sky router. I'm happy to try if this is the only solution mooted for the plusnet hub 2.

Cheers

Slee

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 77

@Slee have you referred to the supplied quick start guide?
https://static.tp-link.com/upload/manual/2022/202211/20221116/7106509750_TL-WPA4220(EU)_QIG_V1.pdf 

Look at Copy SSID and Password from your router via WPS on page two

or

If you know the IP Address navigate from the home page to Advanced >Wireless Settings

You can set up the wireless name and password there

HTH

EDIT: there are two pairing options, one for the powerline adapters and the second for the wireless name.

The pair button found next to the two RJ45 sockets is to pair the powerline adapter only.

Slee

That's the issue resolved. Thanks very much for all of your help!