cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting a TP Link Deco S7 to a Plusnet hub 2

GPCanterbury

Connecting a TP Link Deco S7 to a Plusnet hub 2

Hi guys

Due to the bad coverage in my victorian house, i have to install a mesh system in to try and get some coverage upstairs. Does anyone know the easy way to install, as the video online make it look easy, when i have a feeling there will be something i have to do with the Plusnet, in order to get the Deco to work.

I have three units, however how do i connect the first to the plusnet hub 2?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Connecting a TP Link Deco S7 to a Plusnet hub 2

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Tech Help

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 79

Hi @GPCanterbury welcome to the forum.

To get the best performance from your Deco S7 you should configure the Hub Two to bridge mode and connect one of the LAN ports to the WAN port of the master Deco device.

To change to bridge mode; it is important to use a wired device connected to Hub Two 

http://192.168.1.254 Advanced settings >Broadband - scroll to the bottom make Bridging Enabled YES.

The Hub will reboot, once rebooted the light should be a pink/purple colour and the wireless will be disabled on the Hub.

Then configure the Deco S7 broadband/internet connection to PPPoE using your current plusnet account details used on your current device. Hopefully you can achieve this using the Tether app. There is no requirement VLAN tag if there is that option.

HTH

Edit: this advice assumes FTTC

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

@GPCanterbury 

Just a quick question. Are you on FTTC or FTTP?

If the latter you might be able to connect direct to the ONT.

Brian

Pelgrane

Then configure the Deco S7 broadband/internet connection to PPPoE using your current plusnet account details used on your current device. Hopefully you can achieve this using the Tether app. There is no requirement VLAN tag if there is that option.

Hi, hoping for some help with this too. I've got fttp and I've got as far as connecting the s7 up and enabling bridge mode on the hub 2. When you say 'current plusnet account details', which account details do you mean?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 409

@Pelgrane 

First , bridge mode won't work with FTTP. Forget about the Hub 2 completely, connect your Deco directly to the ONT. 

Set it's WAN connection for PPPoE , username is <youraccountnam>@plusdsl.net and the password is the one you use to login to the Plusnet portal plus.net

See here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.