cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are you on track to test the replacement landline emulator phone BT is working on?

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

are you on track to test the replacement landline emulator phone BT is working on?

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2024/03/openreach-to-pilot-alternative-uk-analogue-phone-line-...

If cost is right I would consider it as I need a reliable phone, not a dodgy 02 network. Mobile is all well and good if it works...

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Re: are you on track to test the replacement landline emulator phone BT is working on?

Its only for vulnerable customers who dont have, or want, any form of broadband connection.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: are you on track to test the replacement landline emulator phone BT is working on?

I am a fall risk so a working phone is vital hence the question to plusnet, is the overlord BT going to allow PN to test them

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

I am a fall risk so a working phone is vital hence the question to plusnet

I appreciate that, but Plusnet together with most other ISPs have not offered phone only contracts for some time. I suspect that this product is only going to be offered by BT retail who have the USO.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.