cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor customer experience

TokenCanadian

Poor customer experience

Hello,
Forgive me for the story but I feel my experience has been abysmal.
I joined you from o2 for fibre broadband. Recently my service has been disconnected due to o2 switching off thr phone line. After speaking with customers services staff, for some reasom o2 was advised by plusnet to cancel my phone service. I initially elected to keep my landline with o2 as I get a really good deal.
Unfortunately that option was taken from me as well as my broadband.
Your colleagues have advised me of the wonderful workaround of waiting a week or so for my engineer appointment.  Not only is that poor service and borderline shady, but it also took 1.5 hours to get that information.  With all due respect to the person who took ownership of my issue but I shouldnt have to call numerous times hoping ill get them on the phone just so I can get the service I deserve.
In 90 minutes that I have spent trying to sort this with the call centre, ive been :
-promised callbacks that never happened.
-been patronised on needing a line rental (that I already had.)
-given 3 different ways that my internet will magically reappear without an engineer.
-been cold transferred because someone didnt want a hit on AHT
-spent a ridiculous time on hold waiting in a queue.
I'm not lying wheni say that I never had any of the above with o2. If it wasnt for fibre broadband and sky/bt being total failures at customer service, I wouldve left by now.
Id like to highlight that your complaints process is comical. Essentially,  to log a complaint about my internet service provider (you) I must use the complaint form on your website. Whoever came up with that process is living the good life as I dont think you guys get many complaints.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Poor customer experience

Hi there,
Welcome to Plusnet and to the forum, I'm sorry to hear about the poor start.
After speaking with customers services staff, for some reasom o2 was advised by plusnet to cancel my phone service

I'm assuming O2 advised you of this? It's actually impossible for us to cease a phone or internet service that's not under our provision (i.e with another provider).
In all honesty I don't believe this is the same issue which @Cascy experienced as it looks like the line was ceased before we were able to attempt to transfer it to us. I do fully appreciate in your experience that you might be feeling caught in the middle between us and O2 though.
In 90 minutes that I have spent trying to sort this with the call centre, ive been :
-promised callbacks that never happened.
-been patronised on needing a line rental (that I already had.)
-given 3 different ways that my internet will magically reappear without an engineer.
-been cold transferred because someone didnt want a hit on AHT
-spent a ridiculous time on hold waiting in a queue.

I'm sorry to hear about these issues too, I will be checking your account for notes about this and will be passing on feedback to anyone concerned.
I can see that you're due to be reconnected on the 15th so please let us know how things go.
I'd like to highlight that your complaints process is comical. Essentially,  to log a complaint about my internet service provider (you) I must use the complaint form on your website.

We have a dedicated team that picks up any complaints raised in that manner or by letter, how would you prefer to be able to make a complaint?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
TokenCanadian

My apologies if my previous post seemed a bit like a rant. I was trying tto watch hockey on a 3g and frustration was the result.
Im not going to get into detail regarding the line move as ive been through far too many times.
My feedback isthe expefience for me has been poor. I can accept a error has led to loss internet access as this happens sometimes. What really frustrates me the misinformation, the waiting on the phone and the  fact that I cannot make s complaint until my internet is back as the form doesn't agree with my phone.
Definitely feel the knowledge base for your colleagues needs to be expanded. I should not get 3 separate answers to the same problem. Thankfully one of your colleagues in home moves has been able to arrange for a resolution.
Regarding the complaints process, I'm sure your colleagues are very good in their roles however I have no access to them right now. The website/letter process might work if you werent a ISP. Whoever made that process should be sitting pretty as there is no way you receive the actusl volume of complaints you should be  getting.
From a customer perspective, all it shows is there is no way I can get a quick resolution or raise an issue about how my situation is being dealt with until its fixed. In fact it reaffirms that im actually getting shafted in this problem as I am still paying for internet that I am not using and i cant even complain about it.
Ideally,  I should be able to make a complaint in any fashion I want too. If I complain to one of your 10 colleagues I have spoken too this week, they should be able to raise this on my behalf.
To use an analogy to highlight how ridiculous this is ill use a similar access related complaint. How ridiculous would it be if your phone provider disabled your phone access, gave a lengthy resolution time and said you can complain about later via your landline when service resumes.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

My apologies if my previous post seemed a bit like a rant. I was trying tto watch hockey on a 3g and frustration was the result.

No problem, I can imagine how frustrating that might have been!
Thanks for all the feedback you've offered here, I understand what you're saying about complaints and I'm sorry that we're not able to offer a more immediate means of contact for that. As you may notice staff like myself are here on the forums on most days and whereas we're not members of the complaints team we'll always try and pick on what ever issues we can from here, pass on feedback and drive improvements back into the business which is why we need feedback like this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
James
Grafter

My feedback isthe expefience for me has been poor. I can accept a error has led to loss internet access as this happens sometimes. What really frustrates me the misinformation, the waiting on the phone and the  fact that I cannot make s complaint until my internet is back as the form doesn't agree with my phone.

I'm sorry this happened.  Advisors shouldn't be directing you to raise a complaint online when you have no service.  They should be arranging for their team leader to call you back, who can in turn escalate to my team if they were unable to resolve to your satisfaction. I have a big piece of work on process adherence (this makes little difference to you buy just fyi!) over the next few months so hope to be able to make improvements here.
Sorry about the hockey game!
TokenCanadian

Thank you both for the responses.
Im glad to see my concerns are being heard.
Im hoping this is finished friday. I understand the things go wrong sometimes but I shouldnt feel the need to argue just to get what I pay for.
Thanks for your time.
HTeeBee
Grafter

It's Spring so the Leafs will soon be out anyways!  Grin
mikko
Grafter

Even the Maple Leafs!!