cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merged Interleaving and Absolute Disgrace

James
Grafter

Re: Absolute Disgrace

Thanks.  Also, what time was it that you were trying to download iTunes?
Chris has just tried on his connection at home and was getting in the region of 100KB/s?
MuppetGrinder
Grafter

could you let us know the model of your router please?
rookey
Grafter

Just tried itune and it was 45kbps this time.  But I woudl of though I should be getting around the 600 mark should i?
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: MuppetGrinder
could you let us know the model of your router please?

The router I am using is the Netgear DG834G
rookey
Grafter

So what you all think my problem is then why download so slow? and gaming cut off...
rookey
Grafter

I though about asking if Plusnet can provide me a NEW router top range one as I have notice you provide different routers as different friends got different routers from you.  But I am not willing to pay anymore than I am now that the trouble.  Whilst I think my router is fine
James
Grafter

A different router isn't going to make any difference if you are getting good speeds from speedtests and poor ones from iTunes.
If you would like me to, I would be happy to do a "dial test" from here using yourusername and password, to see what sort of speeds I get on speedtests and when downloading iTunes.
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
A different router isn't going to make any difference if you are getting good speeds from speedtests and poor ones from iTunes.
If you would like me to, I would be happy to do a "dial test" from here using yourusername and password, to see what sort of speeds I get on speedtests and when downloading iTunes.

Yes pls can u try that. What other things can we do?
James
Grafter

Right now, I'm a little short on ideas as one of my colleagues has managed to get vastly better speeds than you were able to do so.
If you could possibly let me know a 30 minute period when you're able to disconnect from the internet, I'll get a test run then.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What does http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ say for your exchange?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rookey
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Right now, I'm a little short on ideas as one of my colleagues has managed to get vastly better speeds than you were able to do so.
If you could possibly let me know a 30 minute period when you're able to disconnect from the internet, I'll get a test run then.

Sorry just got back from shopping.  When is the next time you can try this for me  to disconnect myself as though you be able to do this for me?
My exchange showing no problem on that test..
I just need to get my gaming back to normal less gaming drop and download speed sorted
rookey
Grafter

Interleaving

Hi folks,
Some of you may know that i been having bad download speed and not too good gaming as keep getting disconnected. Yesterday I requested to have Interleaving turned on as never had it from the start and I learnt this of a mate and said it helps.
Can you confirm this could help my situation and why will it take nearly 4 weeks to get turned on??? Surely I feel i should have it turned on quicker since I been putting up with slow speed for 2 weeks and paying for services I am not happy with.
Regards
Andrew
James
Grafter

Re: Interleaving

Hi Andrew,
Placing an interleaving order normally only takes a single working day.
Ah, I see what's happened here.  It's just a typo.  The orders going to be completed tomorrow, not a month tomorrow!
It won't cost you anything and I'll reply to your ticket.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Was it previously set to Off or Auto? I thought the default was Auto and if the line is unstable I'd have thought the BT systems would have put it one by now.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

It's actually showing as being interleaved already.
It was irignally set to auto.
TBH - I'm not entirely sure why/how this is expected to make any difference, however, the order has been placed as per the request.