Did you mean: 

Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Madasafish Closing 15th December 2015

Hi Jonty,
Just had a look, and whatr you want is well documented on your account. Hopefully it should be smooth.
@kbturner - I think that should be fine, though I'll double check tomorrow when my colleagues are in.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I sorted out my father-in-law's account yesterday. Phoned the 0800 731 7508 number given in the email (had to do it twice for various reasons) and both times got through in less than one minute so there really is no problem with queues. The deal offered was reasonable but not spectacular and the same as a new customer would get (free broadband for 12 months), except I managed to get £4 a month off the broadband after 12 months. Plusnet line rental, of course, is much higher than MAAF. He's on a high-cost exchange, so the price after 12 months is also very high and more than either BT or Talk Talk. The £1.69 fee for retaining the madasafish email address was also waived for the first 12 months
I also had cause to call Plusnet technical support to sort out a problem with the router password. I wanted to try a different router but couldn't get the MAAF account password to be accepted - kept getting authentication failed. It turned out that the connection password was totally different from the account password, which the agent managed to work out after trying a couple of other things. I couldn't get the password off the old router because it was obscured. Anyway, my point is that when I phoned I was told the wait was 15 minutes but I actually got through in 7 minutes and my problem was sorted out quickly. I keep hearing nightmare stories about Plusnet support , this was not borne out by my experience.
bounty
Dabbler

Madasafish broadband customers was moved over to Plusnet broadband service a long time ago apart from email, webspace and login (website)
Now Plusnet is closing down the Madasafish brand name.
Plusnet want you to have a 12 month contract like a new customer or pay more money without a contract. Why should we have a contract like a new customer when we are already on Plusnet broadband. Do Plusnet think we are going to leave?
Steve76
Dabbler

Just got off the phone to a plusnet support person on the phone number given in the email and she was very helpful. I got through straight away without the wait, so I assume that the number on the email is either a priority number for the migration or through to a slightly different team than the normal support line (which is showing an average 12 minute wait).
Like others I will be moved onto a 12 month contract, but that really doesn't bother me as I will be paying around half of what I was paying on my old account which was a broadband only account.
Assuming everything goes through correctly I will be on JustMail to keep the old email account and on a Broadband unlimited for internet access.
So long as the order goes through to keep my old globalnet email account active then I will be a very satisfied customer.

Steve
icklesal
Dabbler

That's good to hear Steve76 - do they mention anything regarding DD biling dates? I just wondered if they can stay the same. I'm holding back until next week to get in touch, just so I can keep a track on my payments and stuff.
Steve76
Dabbler

@icklesal - The first DD billing date I was given would have been the activation date of my new plusnet broadband, which would be the 9th. The woman I was dealing with was very helpful though and said that the billing date could be changed if I preferred a different date. So I assume that you should be able to arrange a suitable time of the month for your DD.
Steve76
Dabbler

And just when I think that I have everything sorted I get an email saying that there has been a problem with my order and they will contact me when they have more details.  Cry
icklesal
Dabbler

Seems I picked the wrong day to call PN RE: MAAF migration as the PN systems have gone awry! I guess they could always blame it on Mercury going retrograde ATM Smiley
Still CS guy appears to be a nice friendly chap. Just need him to call me back sometime in 2015 Smiley *waiting patiently.
Should say the number I dialed on the email was picked up pretty much within two mins, if that. Will let you know how it goes, if I ever hear off them again Smiley

Does anyone know how the PN number shows up on a callback? - only ask because I get heaps of Cold Callers and spam calls a day. And trying to decide what's PN or not might be an issue. Hopefully they will leave a message?
UPDATE:
It turned a bit chaotic after this mornings first call, as I unfortunately I didn't realise that plusnet's callback is the 03451126604. So without realising they had been phoning me for several days, it's just I just didn't know it was them! In fact, even the CS guy had to check it was kosher.
Plus, if you look on a lot of the who called me sites, this number crops up a lot with many people complaining that noone leaves a message. I really think PN should retrain it's staff on this one!
Anyway, that aside I've now signed up for a new contract of 18 months and saved myself a heap of cash! Just annoyed I didn't do it years ago! Smiley But I will say this - the CS guy who helped me was a real tonic. As long as everything goes through as discussed, I will remain a happy customer
jontysoper
Grafter

Hi,
My 'migration' seems to be underway now, although I likely won't know the full outcome until next week.  Yesterday I received an email from PN to advise that my broadband was active, yet I was still up-and-running using the MAAF details.  My account has been downgraded if I look at my MAAF account and after trawling through all the PN service tickets I can see a go live date of 7th October.  So I'm mid-transition now.
Only thing I've needed to flag so far is my phone service.  I asked for Anytime but the more expensive Anytime/International/Mobile option is seemingly being applied.
How are things going for others, or how did it go if completed..?  I'm still conscious of the domains and web-space being ported even though I was told it would all be migrated.
Jonty.
bounty
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

UPDATE: With regards to webspace we no longer have any residential offerings for this, however we do with our <a href="https://www.plus.net/business/broadband/?gclid=CjwKEAjwyemvBRDFpN3E5_bs9BQSJAA5n8L2wmnBK0Pd82SZMF-Vi_pxZNdz-I8DImFYQuIDalmtixoCJYDw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds">business products</a> so you'd need to choose one of those or seek a 3rd party web host.

That's what I was told, if I want to keep my web space I would need to sign up to a business account

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

So legacy Plusnet accounts keep the webspace but legacy Madasafish lose it when moved to Plusnet  Crazy
Apprentice
Grafter

I had broadband from maaf for a few years so sorry to see the brand beamed down, their systems and that of PN didn't  get on, so no money was spent on elevating the brand and updating their systems.
It was good while I was a customer thanks to online forum support from Samara (Brightview days) and for a while after PN took over thanks to online support from Metronet James aka Jameseh (JB)
Smiley
PeeGee
Pro
Fixes: 3

I've not been monitoring this thread, but when talking to COT yesterday about a Plusnet account problem I was initially asked if it was to do with my Plusnet of MAAF (ex Freenetname) account Shocked Currently, the MAAF account has a domain name/web space attached and is a (PAYG) dial-up account. I've not had any direct contact from PN about changes and the implications thereof.
Phil

I wonder if dial-up still works? I do not have a working modem capability to try it at the moment (though the last time I plugged in a USB connected modem the Linux drivers worked though MS Windows hadn't for a year or so after "upgrading" to XP Crazy )
Plusnet FTTC (Sep 2014), Essentials (Feb 2013); ADSL (Apr 2009); Customer since Jan 2004 (on 28kb dial-up)
Using a TP-Link Archer VR600 modem-router.
bounty
Dabbler

PeeGee, I have a madasafish and plusnet (PAYG) dial up accounts and can login to both using my madasafish broadband account. Can you login to madasafish using your plusnet broadband account?
[Moderator's note by Adie (dvorak):  Full quote of preceding post removed, as per Forum Rule]
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: PeeGee
I wonder if dial-up still works?

I don't think so, I believe it was withdrawn some time ago. Plusnet dial-up certainly was.