Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye - PlusNet have pushed me away

TheJayBee
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Goodbye - PlusNet have pushed me away

I have left PlusNet mid-contract.  I didn’t want to leave but with PlusNet removing TNT Sports and having suffered two inflation plus 3.9% annual price rises, PlusNet just became far too expensive.

I have moved to BT and it will reduce my broadband costs from over £38 a month with PlusNet to £24.99 a month with BT.  Add in the additional saving on TNT Sports, and I’m saving over £23 a month for broadband and TNT Sports.

I think something has gone very wrong at PlusNet when BT is far cheaper.

I don’t understand PlusNet’s decisions on business broadband, TNT Sports and annual, mid-contract price rises.  I can’t believe I am the only customer to have been pushed away from PlusNet as a result of these decisions.  Perhaps BT want PlusNet to close down and move everyone to EE?

🙁

7 REPLIES 7
catshill1
Grafter

Re: Goodbye - PlusNet have pushed me away

And I did he opposite of you. Moving from BT to PN saved me a considerable amount. It’s just the way broadband contracts work and why the best way to get deals is to negotiate. All very silly like car insurance. Do nothing and you will get stung.

TheJayBee
Rising Star

It’s completely bonkers and must be costing BT/PlusNet/EE.

I’ve been sent a Smart Hub 2 by BT to replace an identical PlusNet Hub 2. It’s a waste of money and not great for the planet.

Madness!
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

I’ve been sent a Smart Hub 2 by BT to replace an identical PlusNet Hub 2

Whilst they may look identical , they arent!. The BT one will  have support for their Digital voice. Also the PN one (if ever factory reset) will automatically reconfigure to your PLusnet details.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

catshill1
Grafter

Whilst they may look identical , they arent!. The BT one will  have support for their Digital voice. Also the PN one (if ever factory reset) will automatically reconfigure to your PLusnet details.

Whilst that is true, if PN were to use the BT hub the only configuration change needed would be to change the login details negating the need to send out a replacement and request a return. I suppose the administration is why the two companies don't do this.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 407

if PN were to use the BT hub the only configuration change needed would be to change the login details

Yes, but in order to do that , the router would need to be re-configured to talk to the Plusnet configuration servers.

Bit of a catch-22...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Pro

I expect an "over the ether" firmware update is perfectly feasible if BT/PN wanted to do it, but I guess they haven't thought of it, or don't think it's worth it?

catshill1
Grafter

Yes, but in order to do that , the router would need to be re-configured to talk to the Plusnet configuration servers.

Bit of a catch-22...

As I said, it’s a commercial decision but from an environmental perspective having a single router and dealing with a simple configuration change instead of posting out and returning hardware is more clear cut.