Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Direct Debit payment set-up

Spider
Grafter

Re: Failed Direct Debit payment set-up

Quote from: sigma359
I have now updated but the DDI (with the same account details) is still being reported by Plusnet as failed. My account details work for me when I pay into the account - which indicates the details are correct.

One thought, can the account accept DD's as not all accounts can?
James
Grafter

@sigma359
Could you possibly PM me your username?
sigma359

Quote from: Jameseh
@sigma359
Could you possibly PM me your username?

Hi everyone and Jameseh,
I received a phone call from PN regarding one of the failed payments. It is such a pleasure to have someone 'phone me rather than me phone a machine and wait on average 25 minutes before talking to someone and still fail to resolve the issue but I digress.
It would 'seem' the problem has now been solved. I would point out that it appears none of the problems were my doing - I gave the correct DD details from the very beginning.
I hope this does not recurr next month otherwise I'll be looking elsewhere for my phone and BB hookup (I admit to have already started looking).
Jameseh - My username is twbasing
Thanks to all for your contributions and help. Having just re-read this email it appears I'm more irritated and less tolerant  that I really feel I am. Put it down to other pressures at work.....
sigma359

Hmm,
I wrote too soon on my previous e-mail.
Still getting failed payment notification.
I've updated my direct debit account details (again) but the last few digits are no different from the ones already recorded by Plusnet so it 'seems' they were okay.Though I did update my record after clicking on 'Pay'. I guess, given the previous month's failed payment then my clicking on 'Pay' will fail again since it uses the 'old' (though identical) bank details?
user account name is twbasing.
What other options are there to try and resolve this issue?
James
Grafter

Hi,
I don't think the payment will fail, given that the payment will be taken by the card that you have on your account because the direct debit failed.
The information we get is that it has failed because the instruction is not held within your bank.  Whether that's true or a system issue at this end (I haven't seen any others) I'm afraid I'm not sure.
I do wonder whether this has happened because of the way that you entered your name last time round, although given that the DDI was accepted, I'm surprised if that is the reason for this to fail.
In short, I'm not really sure why this has happened, but I'll happily check things out again once the new DDI has gone active.