Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC & Phone services unexpectedly CANCELLED

markfrompompey
Grafter

Re: FTTC & Phone services unexpectedly CANCELLED

Any news Chris?
I know it's not your fault, but the "Dedicated Team" didn't contact me again today.
They must be very Dedicated with other similar case's I guess  Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Really sorry about that. I know they've placed new orders for your phone and fibre but we need to see if we can bring the dates forward at all. 
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grahamt
Rising Star

It seems to me that Plusnet is very lucky to have two such articulate and reasonable customers as markfrompompey and Omaraj17 - see the very similar thread started by Omaraj17 in this forum. Both customers have been royally messed about through no fault of their own. In the other thread Townman pertinently asked Plusnet to check for a pattern and I'd second that.
This is no criticism of Chris, who is doing all he can to help. And we know that once the Digital Care team gets on a case things generally do get sorted out. Also, in the interface between old supplier/BT/Plusnet errors aren't always Plusnet's fault. But these cases need to be looked at carefully to see what lessons can be learned and Plusnet needs to pull out all the stops to get these customers connected asap.
Graham
markfrompompey
Grafter

@Chris: I have an automated email & sms that was sent out by your system that says "An engineer is due to activate your Home Phone service on 24/12/2014, AM."
So hopefully someone can get the date brought forward. Otherwise I'll have to go out and buy a pay-as-you-go 3G or 4G dongle & whatever it costs for a months unlimited data to keep going online.
There has been no automated emails that mention the fibre re-activation though. So hopefully the fibre is included on whatever date the engineer turns up.
Maybe you could ask them and double check that the fibre re-activation ordered is included. Otherwise I could end up waiting till next year for fibre  Undecided
I've still not heard a thing from the Digital Care team since my response to say the phone line is still dead, yesterday morning.

markfrompompey
Grafter

Thank you for your comments @grahamt  Wink
Yes I've seen the very similar thread started by Omaraj17 in this forum. And at least one other very recently.
What worries me is that it could happen again to me or anyone else if their order / installation or fault repair that doesn't get closure.
Whats to stop it happening again?
If we had been notified in advance, maybe we could phone support in time and sort it out before it gets to that stage.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Have you checked to see if there any any BT wifi hotspots near which you could access?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
markfrompompey
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
Have you checked to see if there any any BT wifi hotspots near which you could access?

Thank you for your suggestion jelv
Yes there are 3 BT wifi hotspots that are all approx 2 to 3 miles away from where I live.
I am able to connect to them but the signal is so weak that the connection speed is so low that they are really unusable for any practical use.
Even browsing quite simple websites are slow to load. Even google lol Cheesy
And that was using a high gain 9dbi wi-fi mag mount antenna.
I could probably get a better connection & speeds if I used a high gain directional antenna but would need to go out and buy one of those and try it first to see.
At least with 3G I get high enough speeds already by tethering to my iphone or experia z both on 3G. But I only have 1 gig of data per month on those at the moment.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's a pity. Two of my near neighbours are on BT so if it came to the worst I could use that.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
markfrompompey
Grafter

Quote from: jelv
That's a pity. Two of my near neighbours are on BT so if it came to the worst I could use that.

Wish I could that at the moment Cheesy
Ok. Looks like Unlimited 3G / 4G isn't available for use on dongles. And have silly prices, like £7.70 or £10 per 1 GB of Internet.
A windows update could eat most of that up if it happened I bet (so would have to switching that off)
Can get unlimited data for phones but it's forbidden to tether on unlimited data sims for phones it seems so far.
So my idea of a stop gap went up in smoke without costing a fortune lol

markfrompompey
Grafter

Well after Plusnet informed me on 17/12/14 I would not have my fibre broadband re-installed until 31/12/14.
I phoned Virgin Media and got my old broadband from them re-connected in 3 days.
So I have cancelled Plusnet  broadband & phone completely.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Wish I could get VM I have it at the cottage in Skelton in Cleveland and when I had an apartment in Bristol. I was happy with both. They aren't a national service though just pick the low hanging fruit  Roll_eyes
Best of luck @markfrompompey
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Omaraj17
Dabbler

Hi Mark,
Sad to see you go - for selfish reasons I enjoyed having another trooper on the front-lines with me that shared my experiences.
Although I am happy for you. I was with Virgin for 6 years at my last property and they were excellent - unfortunately they are not available in this region so I couldn't go for them.
To be honest with you, Plusnet reached a point where they wouldn't reply to my Help Assistant tickets, my forum posts, or anything. I had to call them every time (50 minute hold etc etc.), and then whoever I get would just blame their suppliers and say "We will find out from them and get back in touch with you tomorrow morning" - to which they would never get back to me.
Yesterday I finally decided I've had enough, spoke to Talktalk and they confirmed they would be able to turn on my internet on the 2nd of January so I called Plusnet to cancel. They got the manager to contact me back and she said she would personally handle my case and get the internet activated by the 29th December - I thought hey why not (at this point I am just desperately waiting to have internet up ASAP). Funny thing is this manager seemed to be more clued up than any staff member I have spoken to throughout my time with Plusnet, she (like me) also questioned why there was a need for engineers when it was up and running, and why they needed to access the flat when everything was installed.
Also, what I got told yesterday over the phone, was that the reason Plusnet couldn't meet my request for an engineer on the 24th December 2014 (today), was because I responded to the Help Assistance ticket (to actually request the engineering revisit to be rescheduled) - which for some reason caused the case to be pushed to the back of the line, meaning no one actioned it and so the order managed to cancel itself AGAIN!! (THE SECOND TIME!!). I burst out laughing on the phone hearing this - in the space of over two months, I am on the third order with Plusnet, 2 of which have been cancelled directly through their own fault, and I STILL don't have internet.
So, for new customers (if they read this and somehow still want to go ahead with Plusnet) do not reply to your Help Assistant ticket otherwise it chucks your case to the back of the line delaying it even further - instead you should wait on hold for 60 minutes on the phone until you get another useless staff member to tell you that he will give you an answer in the morning once BT Openreach brainwash him into believing four more faults with 10 more engineering visits are required.
Enjoy your Christmas anyway Mark, and hope you have a great new years.
jafreer
Aspiring Pro

If all the above is not an exercise in how to lose customers, I don't know what is!