Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox Series x connection problem

Joll66
Dabbler

Xbox Series x connection problem

Hi.
So I recently bought a series x. On start up I realised it isn’t connecting to the net. So I set up port forwarding and DMZ. Static ip address etc.
Microsoft advice is to reset alternative MAC address and restart Xbox. This has worked occasionally but most of the time I have a long battle trying to connect. Often opening my router GUI to check I’m on the correct port
This is getting annoying now. Anyone else having this issue? Any help is appreciated
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Xbox Series x connection problem

Given that Xbox works better on IPv6 - as it avoids IPv4 NAT and port forwarding,

does the router that you're using support "6in4" tunnels in the IPv6 configuration ?

Plusnet doesn't yet support IPv6, BUT using a "6in4" tunnel you can implement IPv6 using tunnelbroker.net  over your Plusnet connection (similar to having a VPN but facilitating IPv6 networking to the outside world)

With IPv6 enabled, you should have trouble free connection with minimal additional latency.

Joll66
Dabbler

Hi. Thank you for replying. My router is Plusnet and am aware IPv6 isn’t supported. Wasn’t aware of a work around. Will research and update.
Very helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had IPv6 over a "6in4" tunnel on my Plusnet connection since 2013 and it works well.

However I've never used a Plusnet router so I can't help you with that !

Screenshot 2023-08-04 at 20-09-28 Test your IPv6.jpg

Joll66
Dabbler

Thanks. I will look into it. I’ll let you know how I get on 👍