cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What hub should I have got

andyf11

What hub should I have got

I have recently signed up with plusnet on basic dsl broadband and I am due to move to new premises over the next week, some may have seen a post re my socket location

Anyway I am just curious more than anything on which hub I should have been sent as a new customer? I was sent a hub 1 the one with the knight rider style light on the front, however I have read online that this is an old model now and plusnet were sending out hub 2? Is there any real difference or a alternative,

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 401

Re: What hub should I have got

I believe the Hub 1 is still the router supplied for ADSL broadband. The hub 2 is only supplied for Fibre or Full Fibre

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andyf11

Thanks

I’m due to switch to fibre on Friday, will the hub 1 cause any issues, I’m getting sogea or something
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

The Hub 1 will work with Fibre (SoGEA) but you ought to have been offered a Hub 2 with the upgrade for the P & P  cost of £6.99.  I'd suggest calling customer options and requesting one.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andyf11

Thank you

I might give them a call tomorrow and see what they can do
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

@MisterW wrote:

I believe the Hub 1 is still the router supplied for ADSL broadband. The hub 2 is only supplied for Fibre or Full Fibre

Are PN still offering ADSL?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Good point!

I was going by this

have recently signed up with plusnet on basic dsl broadband

andyf11

Yes my property I am moving out of has not had the lines updated yet even tho I’m certain someone had been down the main road with fibre and virgin are in and around nobody brought into the flats, so at the moment I get about 8/9 meg to my hub, I’ve been quoted 65-77 at the new place

I was previously on sky and it doesn’t look like they are offering what I had anymore obviously due to the old lines being phased out switched off
jab1
Legend

So, you still have ADSL at your current home, but the have been offered FTTC at the new one?

John
andyf11

Yes I rung up to say I was moving home and they checked the postcode and house number and said that I could now get fttc, full fibre would have been fantastic but after 16 years of standard adsl fttc will be a dream
greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

The Hub 2 has been provided for ADSL connections. I can re-sell one to you if you doubt me Smiley

jab1
Legend

No thanks - no good to me. 😀

John