Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub Two: Some 'Remove' icons greyed out

FIXED
Madeleyite
Rising Star
Fixes: 5

Hub Two: Some 'Remove' icons greyed out

If I click on 'Advanced settings>My Network' and enter the hub PW I see a list of devices that are, or have been, connected. On the right hand side I see a 'Remove' icon against each device. See photo. All these devices are on 'Standby' and some of the icons are 'Active' and some are inactive (greyed out).

I switched devices off at the wall socket (to disconnect the device Wi-Fi) hoping this would allow the greyed-out 'Remove' icon to become ‘activated’. However, this showed that this does not work in every instance. It seems fluid. Maybe they are transient states that connect & reconnect randomly.

Question: Does anyone have a definite answer as to what causes these 'Remove' icons to be activated/deactivated?

Remove Icon.png

4 REPLIES 4
dvorak
Fixes: 1,485

Re: Hub Two: Some 'Remove' icons greyed out

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to My Router

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Madeleyite
Rising Star

I have noticed that if I apply filters "Show Connected" or "Show Disconnected" then this does indeed separate the greyed-out device icons from the 'Active' device icons.

I would expect a device that is switched off at the wall socket to be invisible to the hub Wi-Fi and show the 'Remove' icon as 'Active'. When I switch the device back on I would expect the icon to be greyed-out since it is in use but it doesn't seem to be reliable.

Is that what I am seeing? An unreliable status icon?

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 78

Fix

@Madeleyite 

When you "Show All" you are actually listing the DHCP allocation table, this will list every device that has ever been given an IP Address.

As you have found, greyed out devices are ones which are currently disconnected.

You can not remove a device which has an active connection, the remove box will have a white background. 

For a disconnected device the remove box will have a red background, you should be able to remove the selected device.

I have found even though you have removed a device it is likely to be allocated the same IP Address again.

Have you an issue or making an observation?

Madeleyite
Rising Star

Thank you for clarifying. Where you write "As you have found, greyed out devices are ones which are currently disconnected." I think you meant to write "connected" but barring that typo yes, I am just making an observation.

I'll call this 'Solved'.