cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party access to the internal ATA on the PN Hub Two

Multiplex
Dabbler

3rd Party access to the internal ATA on the PN Hub Two

I was on the phone to support earlier about the options when the PSTN is put to bed.

On that call I was told that the Digital Voice port on our PlusNet Hub Two could be used with other VoIP providers.

I was somewhat surprised by this as I've not seen any menu options for it in the past, nor just now when I looked just to see if it's been updated...

There is also a thread in the hoime phone section with the same query with the general view that it is not possible to enable it but no official response

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Setup-of-quot-Digital-Voice-quot-on-hub-2-with-third-party/... 

Is ther esomeone official here who can tell us if there is a hiden option to allow this or the support person was engaging in 'wishful thinking'

I can provide the agent's name if required in PM so someone can have a quiet word..

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3rd Party access to the internal ATA on the PN Hub Two

im-calling-bs-detector.gif

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

@Multiplex I'm not staff - obviously - but I can assure you 100% that the information provided in your linked topic is totally correct, and the agent was talking out of the wrong orifice. The 'Plusnet' brand is BT Consumer Divisions 'bare-bones' internet-only offering and the Hub2 has NO working phone provision.

And, by the way, your chance of a staff reply these days is about as good as mine of winning the Lottery - which I don't play.

John
Multiplex
Dabbler

Yeah...

Sadly I think you are both right. Plusnet is not the company it was when I joined more years ago than I care to remember.

I gather new accounts don't have e-mail either, maybe time to move on, begining to wish I hadn't opted for a 2 year contract at last renewal...

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

That is why I got out over two years ago - I saw the way things were going, and decided I didn't like it.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Multiplex  at the current rate of relentless decline of the Plusnet product range, the non maintenance of existing features, and now almost non-existent staff help on this 'support forum', I wouldn't be surprised if Plusnet closed down before the end of 2025,  so you might be lucky and be able to get out of your two year contract earlier than you expect.

I jumped ship last year to another ISP, and regret not having done so years ago !.

Batfrog
Aspiring Pro

@Multiplex  at the current rate of relentless decline of the Plusnet product range, the non maintenance of existing features, and now almost non-existent staff help on this 'support forum', I wouldn't be surprised if Plusnet closed down before the end of 2025,  so you might be lucky and be able to get out of your two year contract earlier than you expect.

I quite agree but….. I doubt that would be a valid reason to exit the contract without exit fees ? My guess is that Plusnet customers (if there’s any left) will be transferred to BT of EE on the same terms until the end of their contract.

I don’t expect it will take until the end of 2025 to close Plusnet down but then again maybe it will be coincident with the close of PSTN. A friend of mine renewed his FTTC and phone with Plusnet on a 24 month contract about a month ago which I found interesting to say the least.

I wonder what will happen to referrals in that case ?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

@Multiplex - there is no intent to allow the ATA to be used for third party SIP registration.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵