cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Translation of OR speak please

IMM
Grafter

Translation of OR speak please

My installation of FTTP has been delayed.

An installer came yesterday and fitted the hardware, tried several ports at the top of the pole before the PON light started to flash green. He then left saying that after about 15 minutes the PON would go solid green and then I'd have service. Several hours later, nothing had changed so I phoned Plusnet. The conclusion was that the installer had not completed the "paper work" correctly and marked the job as complete. They would raise it to the team that deals with it.

This morning I received an email that said in English "we have contacted our suppliers and will get back to you when we know more"

There was then an internal comment as below:-

Escalation raised: No Summary of eChat and action taken: As per OR EiVA Session Id: c1rg1-156xxxxxxxxx EiVA Conversation Id: 944xxx As I have checked the order OR engineer visited the site on 15/5/2024 and n11 engineer required and The engineer has retained the job. so engineer will visit again to complete the work so i would request you to please review back on 17/5/2024 once for further update. However, we are endeavouring to complete this work earlier. QID: C1xxxxxxAlbert GH Session Activity [#504xxxxxxx]

Does anyone know what an n11 engineer does?

Should I be expecting an engineer to visit me again? today? Will they need access to the house and new ONT?

Thanks

Ian

1 REPLY 1
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Translation of OR speak please

According to this: FTTP PON Flashing - BT Community

"An N11 Engineer is basically just an Engineer whose been Accredited to Access Nodes from the Splitter onwards and is able to identify and Network Defects that may need addressing. It doesn’t necessarily mean they’re these Experts at faulting Fibre."