Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed Contract -New Router?

FIXED
Turvey1
Dabbler

Renewed Contract -New Router?

As per title really, just renewed our contract for Unlimited Fibre Extra last week and I was under the impression that PN sent out the new Hub 2 router for renewals but reading more into it now I'm not so sure.

We have no major issues with the Hub 1, apart from a couple of our phones routinely dropping connection and we have to re-enter password etc, but was hoping for the new 'improved' router to hopefully improve things.

I've read conflicting articles/posts saying that if you call up you can get one sent out for p+p cost but others saying you have to buy one for £100!
11 REPLIES 11
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Renewed Contract -New Router?

As you have just renewed then call up Plusnet and ask nicely if they will send out a new Hub 2 for the cost only P&P saying you though the renewal would automatically trigger a new router especially when the existing one is so old.

Or wait here for 3 to 7 days (average response time) and a member of staff maybe able to help on those terms too.

Generally the £100 is when the router fails after a year and a day (only guaranteed for 365 days) and it isn't worth that. Ore you are well outside of a renewal date and then tough luck. A trip to Argos can get you going for a lot less and with a better device in those cases.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@Turvey1  Welcome to the Community forum.

You don't get a 'free' new Hub unless you ask for one when you renew. Ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632, explain that you recently renewed and ask for one. This number is normally answered quite quickly.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Turvey1
Dabbler

Thank you both for your quick replies. I shall give them a call.
Turvey1
Dabbler

Well, after being on hold for over 1/2 an hour yesterday I tried the chat option but they couldn't help so I tried phoning again today.
After 30mins and having to endure George Ezra more times than I care to think about I hung up!

I'm now hoping that a PN helper will see this thread and come to the rescue.

Thanks in advance.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Fix

Hey @Turvey1,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't get through to the team yesterday. I've had a look over this and raised a support ticket on your account, which can be accessed here. Once you've had a chance to read and respond to the ticket, please let me know and I'll pick this back up for review asap Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Turvey1
Dabbler

Thank you Alex, replied to your message.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley I've updated the ticket further - just let me know if you have any questions and I'll be happy to answer!

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Turvey1
Dabbler

@TheMightyAJ router arrived today, plugged in and left it while we had tea. Changed SSID etc back to old router settings for easiness and everything is hunky dory 👍

Many thanks.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,602

Glad to see that! (I'm not @TheMightyAJ but I'm arguably mightier Tongue)

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
ganganvince
Dabbler

Looking at renewing how did you go about getting the router upgrade?
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 260

@ganganvince  request one at renewal. They are not issued by default, and are usually subject to a £6.99 P & P charge.

John