cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTP order canceled

Crwjpj

FTTP order canceled

Moving into a new house this week, current ISP is Sky. Ordered Plusnet FTTP on Friday, message to confirm engineer appointment would take place 30th June.

On Sunday I receive an email advising:

"We're emailing you to let you know that your broadband order has been cancelled by your current service provider."

From what I have read this may be 'a cease on the line', if so how can I get this cease removed given I am moving into a house where the previous account holder has left?

I work from home so trying to have as little downtime as possible!

Note, tried calling but phone line messaging advised the are closed, live chat is no longer displaying and getting no response on Twitter

Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: FTTP order canceled

Did you make the mistake of contacting SKY? It should always be left to the new provider in such circumstances.
Crwjpj

As I am moving to the house, the current person at the address would have called sky to cancel their contract
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Crwjpj If you contact Sky and give them your number they should be able to cancel the cease so we can take the service over.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Crwjpj

Thanks for getting back to me. Are you able to confirm if there is a definitely a cease on the line?

I also do not know the number in question.

Thanks!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's something only Sky could confirm but it's highly likely, if you're not sure what the phone number of your landline is they should be able to check against your address.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Crwjpj

Unfortunately Sky will only talk to the account holder and will not check if there is a cease on the line unless I pass security. According to the call centre agent I just spoke to.

But given this is a property I am moving to 2 days time I am not, now will ever be, the account.

Although, they did say if I opened an account with them they can overwrite the current line, which I don't particularly want to do
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

That's disappointing, they should be able to check that for you without the need for you to be an account holder. I've checked over your account and it looks like we've been able to get an order in place for you. Please take a look here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=234733297 - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Crwjpj

That's good news - I appreciate you taking the time to reply!