cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in my order ?

Muffty
Hooked

Delay in my order ?

I have switched from Virgin broad 3 weeks and it’s due to be disconnect on the 18th . I had booked for my plusnet system to be installed and switched on last week but now I am getting this message. (We're really sorry there's been a delay with your installation) but open reach has been out my property and put in the required line and internal box.
Any idea how I find out more information? Terrible start to my contract and new supplier
16 REPLIES 16
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

Re: Delay in my order ?

@Muffty 'Any idea how I find out more information?' Yes, give Plusnet a ring.

John
Muffty
Hooked

I am currently offshore and have tried several times and it’s always a long wait.
jab1
Legend

I'm confused - you were with VM, you are switching to Plusnet - which most likely means Openreach will need access, but you are offshore. How is that going to work?

John
Muffty
Hooked

All work was carried out last week and box installed internally and I have the router. I am offshore so I can only call for short periods and no one answers in that time . I can’t find a direct email to ask the company what the delay is . It only says a delay with a supplier .
jab1
Legend

OK - all makes sense now thanks. If the the ONT is installed, and you have the Hub, then I seriously don't understand what the delay can be. When I switched from FTTC to FTTP last month, as soon as the engineer made the final connection checks after fitting the ONT, I was up and running.

Unfortunately PN do not have an email support address, only the phone (or these forums, which support staff only seemingly visit on a very random basis. It is a Community forum, so most answers on here are from fellow Community members, who obviously have no sight of PNs systems.

John
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 28

Hi @Muffty, I've taken a look into the delay on your order and Openreach have confirmed that they needed to submit an A55 which contains a plan and permissions to the relevant person/entity, (I unfortunately don't have access to the A55). 

However, Openreach have confirmed today that they require permission from you in order to complete the work needed, they've emailed this across to you so I would recommend having a look through to see if you can find anything as they would've confirmed what work needs to be done.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

@csmith94 If the ONT is installed and the customer has the Hub, the A55 is surely irrelevant, as I understand those are usually only issued when OR need permission for digging work on such as highways/across private land?

John
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Pretty much what they need to do, so the only info on the order is that there is dig work needed. So my best guess is that they want to dig up the driveway so they can connect to an underground dp, that's normally what they want to do but I'm working off limited info and experience at this point. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend

OK, @csmith94 . Doesn't make much sense to me, if they have already installed the ONT, as I understood that was the final operation, but who knows the ways of OpenReach? 😉

John
csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hahaha well that would make sense but in this case apparently not 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

I could possibly understand why they might fit the ONT and thus the CSP but since someone must have been at the property at the time , surely the Openreach engineer would have explained why the installation couldn't be completed and what ( digging?)  work was necessary !!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

You would have thought so, @MisterW  but...

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 402

Yes, I know , it's Openreach were dealing with! In fact FTTP installs are usually OR contractors so it's even worse...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Muffty
Hooked

Hello . Thanks for looking into it. I received a email earlotoday and have already signed and sent it back and it’s been confirmed . Still no date or explanation why it’s not being done before my virgin broadband is due to be cut off. I have a wife and 3 kids that rely on the broadband for entertainment and school work . I was promised it would be done last week and I still have no dates or updates from the company.