cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contradictory Activation Dates?

JB2024

Contradictory Activation Dates?

Hi,
On the 29th of April I set up a Full Fibre broadband contract with Plusnet.

On that day I received a few emails detailing how the router would arrive on the 2nd of May and the activation would be entirely remote - not requiring an Engineer.

However, the day after I received an email and text message saying an engineer would be sent to my house on the 21st of may. In the same email, there was an attachment detailing how activation would be entirely remote???

Not sure which is correct now, do I need an engineer or not?

Thanks all,
5 REPLIES 5
zpeterk
Grafter

Re: Contradictory Activation Dates?

Have you already got an ONT in your property?

JB2024

Yes, there is an ONT inside the property. This is a newly acquired property and it looks like the previous occupants have taken the power cable and therefore the ONT is not turned on.

Thinking now potentially that's why they are saying need for an engineer? I assumed at first a power cable would be sent with the router on the 2nd but maybe they can't detect the ONT due to no power?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

It would seem likely that the initial date was on the presumption that there is a working ONT as per the equipment register for the property. The activation planning then found the ONT out of service do scheduled engineering resources.

Look at the ticket history on your account - link below.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Moderator's note:
Thread moved from Broadband to My Order

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 403

but maybe they can't detect the ONT due to no power? 

Correct.

AIUI when the order is placed on Openreach, the system will attempt to check the ONT. If its not powered then the check will fail and the order will be changed to require an engineer visit.

The ONTs are supplied and installed by Openreach, so even though it probably only requires a new PSU, AFAIK the only way to get that is by an Openreach engineer visit, the timing of which will, of course, depend on engineer availability in your area

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.