cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease on line

Funkylady1

Cease on line

Hi,

We placed an order with Plusnet to get broadband connected on 2nd May to an additional property we have bought. All was good until I received an email and text telling me that there would be hold on our order due to there being a cease on the line we want to connect to and told us to see if we could ask the seller to get the cease removed.

The seller is with BT and said she had organised to be disconnect on the 2nd May. She agreed to contact BT and they have since confirmed that the cease would be removed and this could take 48 hours.

This morning I received an email from the seller saying she had received communication from BT saying that because the cease had been removed she would now be disconnected on the 26th April which she is not happy about. She was told by BT that is due to Plusnet doing something and that is was Plusnet that has changed the date?!

So my questions are this -

Can Plusnet change the disconnection date of another providers service, from 2 May to 26th April?

Is the fact that she was originally due to disconnected on the same date as us, 2nd May causing the problem?

Who is the most likely to have changed the date?

She is wanting to put the cease back on the line, can she do this?

Any other info anyone else can give me to help with this problem will be gratefully received. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Re: Cease on line

Sounds like Plusnet have placed an order to takeover the line, which is due to complete on the 26th April. That would likely be the earliest date that takeover would be possible due to the Ofcom 10 day rule.

I suggest the best approach would be for you to call PLusnet tomorrow and get the takeover date changed to the 2nd May. That should be possible.

If the current owner reinstates the cease, then it will cancel the takeover and it will not be possible to place another order until the cesae completes.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Funkylady1

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. That's what I thought.

So it was Plusnet who move it to 26th?

I will phone Plusnet tomorrow and get them to move the line take over to the original date of 2nd May. 🤞🏼

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

So it was Plusnet who move it to 26th?

Well ultimately it is Openreach who instigate the cease based on a takeover order by Plusnet. It may be their mistake to schedule the earliest date or it may be miscommunication by PLusnet not requesteing a specific date.

In fact since the order has only just been placed , it could be that the notification is just an estimated earliest date and that the confimed date will be correct as 2nd May.

Either way, a call to Plusnet tomorrow should be able to sort it.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 28

Hi @Funkylady1, I've updated the activation date to 02/05/2024 as originally requested. It'll take 24 - 48 working hours for this date to be updated.

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Funkylady1 seems like Curtis beat you to it!.

Make sure that you let the current owner know that the date has been changed so that they don't reinstate the cease, otherwise it will cancel the Plusnet order. They should get a new notification from BT (the current supplier) within the next 24-48hrs.

Funkylady1

Hi,

Thank you so much for doing that. 😁