cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation fees

davidk1

cancellation fees

Hello, my contract ends on the 7th oct if I switch to another supplier will i have a cancelation fee to pay - i assume the switch notice period of 2 weeks will mean i leave my contract approx. 14 days early - is this chargeable?  i dont want to stay with plusnet anytime after the 7th due to massive hike in contract , and even a new contract is way more than i can get elsewhere so keen to leave sharpish.. 

3 REPLIES 3
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

Re: cancellation fees

@davidk1 

You pay for broadband a month in advance so you have already paid up the full contract. If you leave now the 'termination charge' will in effect be a reduction in the credit that you will receive for the days between when you leave and the end of the billing period. not a bill.

It might be worth ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and see if you can get a price reduction.

I assume that you are aware that if you move and want to keep your landline phone then it will need to be on a VoIP service?

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

davidk1

Thank you.. I did try calling the cancellations team, but was on hold for an age so gave up.. Land-line not important never use it these days.. Only people that call are scammer or the dentist.. I won't miss either.
Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@davidk1 

Unless you are moving to Virgin then don’t cancel with Plusnet. When you take out your new contract your new ISP will arrange to take over your working service, which will automatically cancel the current one. If you cancel you will create all sorts of problems and probably end up with no service from either for a bit.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'