Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Plusnet account to my wife

ajax
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Transfer Plusnet account to my wife

Can I as a Plusnet Broadband and Home Phone account holder transfer the account to my wife? She currently uses my Plusnet account and we have a joint bank a/c which funds it. 

8 REPLIES 8
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

Re: Transfer Plusnet account to my wife

Its only possible to change the account name in certain circumstances e.g change of name due to marriage or by deed poll, or in the event of death of the account holder.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

@ajax The way Plusnet work, the answer is 'no'. You would have to cancel the account currently in your name, and your wife would have to take out a new contract, which would mean the loss of the email service and any referral discounts you enjoy.

John
minkey
Rising Star

You can add a second authorised user, if that helps.

Go to Manage Account, and select "Add Second Authorised User"

HTH

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

As already mentioned, you can add an authorised user who can then deal with Plusnet for most (but all) matters.

The bank account that pays the DD can be any account - it doesn't have to belong to the Plusnet account holder. In your case it sounds as if it is the same account anyway.

As the Plusnet account holder you would remain responsible for any charges, but again I don't expect that to be an issue for you.

ajax
Rising Star

I find that I have already made my wife an authorised user. Despite being categorised as a ‘Rising Star’ I am in my mid eighties. What action does my younger wife have to take when the ‘grim reaper’ calls? I am anxious to make it explicit to her so that the service continues uninterrupted.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 410

@ajax in that sad event , the details are here https://www.plus.net/help/my-account/bereavement/

edit: I see John's faster than me (again!)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

@ajax wrote:

I am in my mid eighties. What action does my younger wife have to take when the ‘grim reaper’ calls?

I wouldn't worry too much, you'll probably last longer than Plusnet will!