cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew before 23/3 or pay extortionate out of contract price?

andyt1970
Rising Star

Re: Renew before 23/3 or pay extortionate out of contract price?

What is going on? Just had a Plusnet email saying: 

Your next payment:

We'll soon be taking a payment of £64.90 for your service. This will leave your account on or after 3rd April 2024.

It was meant to be this, email quote: ""When your contract ends your monthly price will go from £25.01 to £54.39. Annual price changes apply. Your current package also includes Unlimited UK & Mobile, charged at an additional £0.00 per month (annual price changes apply)".

Printscreens just taken from my account show this:

PNet 1.jpgPNet  2.jpgPNet  3.jpgPNet  4.jpg

What is going on, anyone, please? 

James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

Hiya, I tried to ring you to see if I could help you any more with your package but couldn't get hold of you. We'll try you again tomorrow and we'll look forward to hearing from you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
James30
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 26

@andyt1970 Hi, we've tried to call you on 3 occasions but haven't been able to get hold of you. If you still need help please get back in touch.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
James - Plusnet Sheffield
Plusnet Help Team
Jorvik
Grafter

@andyt1970 wrote:

FAO Jorvik, yes there was a 12 month renewal option but this has now gone since my contract ended on 23/3/24.

Thanks Andy for the reply, that's very helpful to know.

I hope you get your renewal billing issue sorted out.

My guess, looking at your post above (#16), is that the unexpected extra amount is the cost of the Unlimited UK & Mobile calls package... though I would agree from the quote from the Plusnet email you provided (regarding the out-of-contract price) that you would be well forgiven for expecting the Unlimited calls package would continue to be included at £0.00 a month.

(Possibly sounds like a similar same issue as that experienced by @teddysmum...)

andyt1970
Rising Star

Not again 😠 

Instead of being charged £54.39, look at my latest bill for billing period 24th Apr 2024 - 23rd May 2024.... £70.13.

£70.13?

page1.jpgpage2.jpg

csmith94
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 29

I've dropped you an email to let you know what's been going off with your bills recently, hopefully this should clear everything up for you. 

Curtis Smith
 Plusnet Help Team
mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

Interesting that this 12/18 month minimum/contract length comes and goes on the contract offers, the same on mine depending on which browser I'm using at the moment. It seems like the billing/account management is disconnected from the offer/marketing department. (https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Renewing2/ ) I'm dubious about verbal offers given on the phone, at least with with the web offer you have the details in writing.

greygit1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

" I'm dubious about verbal offers given on the phone"

A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest?

andyt1970
Rising Star

That's a scandalous price and not at all what I thought - as a longstanding, loyal Plusnet customer - I would be paying.

I don't want the Unlimited UK & Mobile & Call ID:75.

Just charge me for the Unlimited Fibre Extra - Market 2/3 £30.06 and Line rental £28.63 every month while out of contract.

I haven't used the landline telephone or made any calls.

I am NOT paying this £71.38 a month.

Plusnet £71.38 edit.jpg

andyt1970
Rising Star

Printscreen of my account now Sad

Plusnet my account.jpg

Baldrick1
Fixes: 420

@andyt1970 wrote:

I don't want the Unlimited UK & Mobile & Call ID:75.

You can't change your contract by posting on this forum.

As previously advised, ring the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 and get the calls package removed. Until you do this you will be charged whether or not you use your phone

Not paying a legitimate bill will automatically trigger the outstanding amount being passed to a Debt Collection Agency, a damaged Credit Record and even more hassle.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

andyt1970
Rising Star

Thanks, you can't change it online either in "My account", just the option of signing up for a new 12 / 18 / 24 month contract which I don't want, or if I did, then would have a hefty cancellation fee if only needed for another 2 months Sad

andyt1970
Rising Star

Looking at the screenshot in my post#25, if they dropped the calls package, do you agree the monthly out of contract price should then be £58.69 a month before I call them tomorrow morning now?

I could sign up to a new no landline package for just £25.50 a month.... but it's 24 months and absolutely ridiculous when it comes to cancelling it after only 3 months (despite being charged £70+ month currently) due to any horrendous cancellation fees from being in a 2 year contract Sad

Plusnet 24 month no landline.jpg

G6JPG-0
Grafter

"they expect that all phone lines will be gone early next year (and fibre in place/ really?)"

This is being very poorly communicated. What will be gone is phone _service_ via phone lines. If you get your broadband via a 'phone line, you will continue to do so - you just won't be able to make 'phone calls on it. 'Phone calls will be available by VoIP (voice over internet protocol). For most customers, this will just mean unplugging your 'phone from the 'phone socket, and plugging it into your router, either directly (for some routers) or via an adapter box. Unfortunately, PlusNet so far are NOT offering a VoIP provision, so you either have to move your entire (broadband and 'phone) contract to someone else (like BT) who _are_ offering or going to offer VoIP, or take out a VoIP-only contract with a separate provider ("voipfone" look good though I haven't actually used them). [Or, of course, give up landline use altogether; I accept many do, using mobile for everything, but I resent the attitude of many - including some customer service people - that you're odd if you don't want to.]

"I think some old people (including me) will be very upset at losing their landline at short notice, but at  least I understand what's going on. What is the policy for people who don't have internet and should not be mocked for fearing losing their phone security ie emergency calls." I repeat, the cessation of POTS (plain old telephonse service) is being VERY poorly publicised. I don't think PlusNet do 'phone-only so it isn't really relevant here, but I think such people will either be given a sort of cut-down router that just does VoIP, or they'll be given a mobile? https://www.gov.uk/guidance/uk-transition-from-analogue-to-digital-landlines has some information (and some misinformation) about what's happening. One aspect _is_ emergency calls - during a power cut, any router won't work (and mobile masts will drop out after a few hours); so far, the attitude seems to be "tough", though they hide that.

G6JPG-0
Grafter

Get a 'phone recorder; IANAL, but I _believe_ you're OK as long as you tell the other party that you're recording (after all, they tell you often enough that _they_ are).