cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major Billing Mix-Up after Contract Renewal (Before Expiry)

Tempting
Grafter

Major Billing Mix-Up after Contract Renewal (Before Expiry)

I phoned and agreed to a new 2 year contract before my existing contract expired.

I receive an email with 'Unlimited UK Landline and mobile calls included' & £11.76 per month which was not discussed or agreed,

I received an invoice which is £24.97 in excess of my existing contract

I telelphone Plusnet and they tell me that the calls are not included on my bill despite forming part of the received contract and therefore there's no need to issue a new contract.

Plusnet also tell me that they cannot raise a new 'correct' invoice, but have put a note to only take the correct amount by Direct Debit. it will not be treated as an invoice and a credit, simply the invoice amount taken will be correct and not as incorrectly invoiced..

The incorrect invoice is partly caused by my discount being reduced from £25.80 to £0.83 which I'm told by the Plusnet call centre advisor 'occasionally happens'. If this is a known isssue, which clearly it is by his comment, then why isn't the software bug corrected so that it doesn't occur or why aren't the advisors instructed double checking the new contract / invoice to ensure it hasn't happened?

I receive email notification that I have been issued a credit on my account, but this hasn't appeared in my payment account.

Plusnet have today taken the total of the incorrect invoice, this has been taken without permission and not in line with my existing contract.

How to I go about obtaining an immediate refund of monies taken without permission, to which I have not agreed and in breach of existing contract along with compensation for stress caused, interest lost (reduction of balance in the account the money was taken from) and for my time taking to gather all details and raise issue with Plusnet?

The 'funny' thing is that I seem to remember a similar [-Censored-]up last time I took out a new contract with Plusnet and I see another similar issue in this forum, so obviously not an isolated account.

What are Plusnet doing to rectify this obviously , not isolated occurance?

Regards,

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.
3 REPLIES 3
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: Major Billing C*ck Up after Contract Renewal (Before Expiry)

Its happended everytime myself or relatives have renewed contracts. This is a well known problem and has been like it for years! I also don't know why Plusnet don't invest some time and money into fixing it - the time it must take staff to resolve surely must add up.

Normally somebody will issue you a refund to your bank after the direct debit has been taken or they can apply it as a credit against next months bill. I don't believe they can intercept a bill once it's been issued.
Tempting
Grafter

Can anyone give a method to contact Plusnet support to discuss this since I am acurrently out of the country with no free 0800 calls?

Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 81

@Tempting 

You should be able to phone plusnet on +44 345 140 0200

HTH