Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line rental saver- rennewal reminder

greengrass
Grafter

Re: Line rental saver- rennewal reminder

Hello Anoush,

Thanks for doing that.

I have sent you a PM with the contact number.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

No problems, happy to hear my colleague got it all sorted.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
cedlor
Grafter

I am sorry for reviving an old thread but it is relevant. I have received a LSR  renewal reminder and clicked on the link and end up on another page that says

Line Rental Saver is the cheapest way to pay for your home phone line rental.

Pay for 12 months line rental up front for £197.88, equivalent to £16.49 a month, compared to our usual line rental price of £18.99 a month.

Click to accept the Line Rental Saver
Terms & Conditions

There is no indication of what will happen when I click on the  accept box  IIRC I paid by credit card

last year - will payment be taken from the same credit card or tagged on to my monthly BB charge

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

If you pay for your broadband by Direct Debit then it should be taken as a single transaction on your Direct Debit.

That's how it worked for me.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,601

I am sorry for reviving an old thread but it is relevant. I have received a LSR  renewal reminder and clicked on the link and end up on another page that says

The next page after that should prompt you to enter card details to pay by card.

Let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cedlor
Grafter

Hi - Thanks -  - with one answer  to my bank (as I read it) and another  to my card I  made a further enquiry.

No quick fix - I did not want to hang on the phone so decided to use "chat"   

I use Firefox and an adblock so got the message  that the adblock was preventing me using  Chat.

Disabled the adblock restarted  Firefox and ....... same message.  Read umpteen posts on the subject

and was getting no-where  despite the threads saying  Fixed.   Eventually spotted one that suggested it was nothing to do with

the adblock but it might be other things like saying I do not want to be tracked.  ( oddly a mod decided a post or 2 later that the thread

was going nowhere and blocked it.)  Yet it seems to hold the major clue as to why chat using FF without ADblock doesnt work

and Opera with adblock chat does work.  It seems it is the tracking element of FF and if so PN would do well to change the

message as to why chat is not working))

Didnt want to  change any more of my settings which appear to work fine on other "CHat" enabled sites  so switched over to an old version of OPERA.

Of course it immediately downloaded an update which meant when the home page came up it proudly presented the fact that

a free adblocker was now part of Opera -    I thought NOOOOOoooooooo!

Anyway  got back into the help via chat page and hoorah  even with an adblocker definitely installed with the browser

the chat worked.

ANSWER      Gandalf - you were correct - never doubted it  Undecided Funny

At least I think you were - I had taken the step of registering a card  with PN after posting my question and today when I clicked accept.

Strat  -Maybe you were correct if you pay your monthly payment  by credit card?

Thanks for the replies

cedlor

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to read of the struggles you've had with live chat.

Glad to hear you got it working in the end.

ANSWER      Gandalf - you were correct - never doubted it  Undecided Funny

At least I think you were - I had taken the step of registering a card  with PN after posting my question and today when I clicked accept. 

Strat  -Maybe you were correct if you pay your monthly payment  by credit card?

I believe line rental saver could used to be paid by direct debit or card, but it can just be paid by card nowadays.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
cedlor
Grafter

Sadly I am back again!!    First question is - is Chat working or it a service being improved by the

increased charges.  Yes I have switched of tracking and adblock. 

There are no service times given for when it might be on!

I dont like using the phone as I wear hearing aids and can easily miss details.

As per the previous I did pay the 12 month saver early (in March) as I knew I would be out of the country in April/May.  On my return I find out from my bank that as well as taking thr annual payment they also appear to have direct debited  a monthly payment.  Needless to say I am not at all pleased and wonder if this is something  Anoush might look at for me.

cedlor
Grafter

Its OK --- I eventually found the "wizard"  had headings other than those that show so I have sent my complaint there pointing out it has happened to someone else as well - days ago.  Also complained about the

chat not being available  AND  the totally ridiculous idea that by typing more  ( how much more? I have asked) the SYSTEM? might suddenly discover answers to anything!!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi there.

Live Chat should be working, but it'll generally only appear as available when there's a reasonable call queue.

More info can be found over here.

With regards to your question I'm sorry to see we've charged you line rental on your last invoice when you've paid line rental saver. I've refunded £18.99 back to your direct debit now. It should be returned to you within 10 working days.

Moving forward I believe I've fixed the problem so you should be correctly billed from now on.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet